Attention all who order online and all package delivery drivers(a rant) - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Bitch Forum

Bitch Forum You want to bitch about something or someone? Do it in here... all drama outside of this forum will be DELETED!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Attention all who order online and all package delivery drivers(a rant)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2015, 12:08 AM   #1
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:30 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of
Default Attention all who order online and all package delivery drivers(a rant)

A little background:

Some of you know I am a UPS delivery driver. I work in some major cities in Massachussets. I deliver around 180-220 stops a day and handle 250-350+ packages a day.

The rant:

Dont think for one second that if you call in a complaint, that it is not verified by the driver

So occasionally, maybe once every other week, a customer will call in and complain saying the driver didnt ring the doorbell and just left a notice "but I was home, can he(she) redeliver?". Now some houses you cant always hear the bell ring when you push the button and some you can. But people seem to think that they can call in a complaint to the center and the center is just going to make us go back... NOT TRUE!

When a complaint is called in like this the first thing the center will do is send a message to the driver relaying the complaint, and expecting details from the driver on that specific delivery attempt. Depending on the circumstances the center will ASK the driver if he could reattempt delivery. In the case where I used the doorbell and couldnt hear it go off inside the house, given that I am still in the area, I will give the customer the benefit of the doubt and redeliver. HOWEVER, if there are verifiable, blatant lies I WILL NOT!

A couple weeks ago I had an instance where I could not hear the bell go off. The customer called in saying "The driver didnt ring the bell, just put a notice on the mailbox and left". I verified that I rang the bell but could not confirm whether or not the bell was functional so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went back. I went back and she was waiting for me outside. I asked if her doorbell worked and she said no, its broken. I chuckled, got a signature and left. All she had to tell the center was that she was home, her doorbell was broken and its her replacement phone that she needs because she has kids etc... why make up false accusations?

So the reason for this rant is I got 2 BLATENT LIES back to back today...

The first was at a six family house, the doorbells and mailboxes are inside the house at the bottom of the stairs and you can hear the doorbells loud and clear from where the buttons are. I get a message on the scanner "customer states they left a note to ring the bell, you didnt ring the bell and she was home"(mind you, the complaint was a good 3 hours after the attempt) I sent back, rang the bell, heard it loud and clear, dogs started barking" I then sent an additional message as this was a second attempt "if she was home why didnt she meet me knowing i needed signature"... No response from the center, not even a request to redeliver, guess they already knew what my response would be...

The second was another six family apartment but the buzzers were outside and are unable to be heard. "Customer states you didnt ring buzzer and just left notice" "customer states you should have used back door it is unlocked can you redeliver" my response "I did ring buzzer" "Its always been the front door, thats where the buzzers are" and the center responds "customer now states buzzer is broken" "its ok use back door when you deliver monday"

I just dont get it... why do people think that they can get away with trying to taint another persons reputation with lies for their own benefit? your just tainting your reputation as a customer

I mean sometimes it works. And sometimes they call in a legit issue with a delivery attempt...

BUT ALL COMPLAINTS ARE ALWAYS VERIFIED WITH THE DRIVER...ALWAYS (and we remember)

I am a cover driver so I get thrown all over the place but the routes that I know, I know well enough to know the people, the regulars, the commercial customers, the houses I will always need a signature at etc...

But the drivers who "own" these routes have been delivering to the same people for 10-20-30+ years...

And for the love of god! we are not going to just leave a notice, I dont know why this is the most common lie, because it makes the least sense. We do not desire to attempt the same delivery 2-3 days in a row. We want to get every package off our truck every day... FUCK

Conclusion:

We are not faceless, we are not nameless, and you cant taint our reputation with your lies... we know more about you than you think; we know your names, faces, nicknames, whether your married, whether or not your going through a divorce, your pets, your kids, your hobbies, what kind of car you drive, what food you cook and the list goes on... we are at your doorstep almost every day...

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived scottiemann!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2015, 04:35 AM   #2
FrenchFries
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Attention all who order online and all package delivery drivers(a rant)

did you try knocking
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived FrenchFries!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Attention all who order online and all package delivery drivers(a rant)

My dogs bark like nuts, but I don't think the drivers make any noise. Was sitting six feet from the door and didn't hear the pacjage ninja from UPS. No problem, he left it on the porch, had the box in hand before the truck pulled off, gave him a wave and a big thumbs up. Just happy to have my stuff.

99% of it is just where you live. I lived in an apartment unit that was awful for getting stuff shipped to, had to go to pick up every time. Getting packages no hassle was one of the pleasures of buying a house.
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of

Most people who know their doorbell doesnt work either remove them or have a note on their door saying doorbell doesnt work please knock. And if I can hear the doorbell i dont need to knock, and if its an apartment building theres no sense in knocking on the exterior door because no one will hear it...

And yes a lot of apartment buildings especially in cities are known for high theft rates which is why I need a signature... otherwise im parked, dropped the package and gone before you know what hit you lol

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:30 PM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

My UPS guys have been awesome at all the places I lived. I know their names and they are always mindful to leave my stuff out of street view. Cool guys but FUCK Fed Ex Ground, those guys are dipshits. When I worked in a receiving dept my supervisor and the Ground guy were always butting heads. One day the Ground guy decided to dump all our boxes outside the bay door when we were at lunch. That was the end of that fucker.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2015, 01:00 AM   #6
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I have some horror stories about FedEx as well. Zero complaints with UPS, though.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #7
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer

yea on route I like the FEDEX, USPS, DHL etc guys... we wave to eachother, let eachother pass, hold doors etc... we may not be on the same team but we are all doing the same job and we respect each other.

As for being on the recieving end of other carriers, all the recieving departments Ive worked in we never used fedex just ups. At home I have no real complaints about the other carriers as far as delivering goes. However at the beginning of this build a few months ago, one piece got shipped fedex, took 4 days to get to the local hub here from the next state over, and another 3 days at the local hub here before it ended up on a truck to be delivered... On the other hand I had DHL get a part from Prague to my front doorstep here in MA in 3 days lol

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
This user High Fived scottiemann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #8
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

al delivery blokes and gals that deliver to me are awesome!

they come up me 600' + driveway in all wether put up with me grumpy mad dog and always are happy!
me stuf is left bagged and safe if im not here and I onlt had damage once,who knows were it occurred anyways.

You delivery guys ROCK !!

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #9
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:30 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Had a recent issue with FedEx delivery, one day I was home all day, some of the time in the shop, the rest in the house doing paperwork, never, ever heard the door bell, found a notice on the door. Next day, I was in and out, but I know I was home when they left yet another notice with a note that seemed rather aggravated stating they would try only one more time. I got a little upset, but figured I would just keep an ear at the ready for the door or the bell, whatever was clever.

Poor FedEx dude, he must have hit that door bell button quite a few times before he just rapped on the door, I jumped up, ran to the door, opened it, and one very unhappy driver greeted me with a scowl, told me he's been here twice already, and is wasting time. I apologize, say I never heard the door bell, realized what was probably going on, and reached over and hit the button in front of him... my heart sank, I couldn't apologize enough to him for the inconvenience of a truly non functioning door bell!

Needless to say, the delivery driver and I had a good laugh about me having been home the past two days, and the doorbell was really broken, and I wasn't just ignoring him. He told a story similar to the OP, people being dicks, making stupid claims, etc. and we parted ways with smiles after that. I totally understand the aggravation scottiemann, people are strange creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #10
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
Had a recent issue with FedEx delivery, one day I was home all day, some of the time in the shop, the rest in the house doing paperwork, never, ever heard the door bell, found a notice on the door. Next day, I was in and out, but I know I was home when they left yet another notice with a note that seemed rather aggravated stating they would try only one more time. I got a little upset, but figured I would just keep an ear at the ready for the door or the bell, whatever was clever.

Poor FedEx dude, he must have hit that door bell button quite a few times before he just rapped on the door, I jumped up, ran to the door, opened it, and one very unhappy driver greeted me with a scowl, told me he's been here twice already, and is wasting time. I apologize, say I never heard the door bell, realized what was probably going on, and reached over and hit the button in front of him... my heart sank, I couldn't apologize enough to him for the inconvenience of a truly non functioning door bell!

Needless to say, the delivery driver and I had a good laugh about me having been home the past two days, and the doorbell was really broken, and I wasn't just ignoring him. He told a story similar to the OP, people being dicks, making stupid claims, etc. and we parted ways with smiles after that. I totally understand the aggravation scottiemann, people are strange creatures.

LAffed me fookin arse off ! Ben mate I luv ya lika brotha cos that's tha shite happens ta me al tha time

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Bitch Forum