water cooling... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > water cooling...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:44 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default water cooling...

so yeah new computer... full AMD setup is loud and hot.. so.. water cooling

getting a pump from a buddy for the cost of shipping...

its a enermax.. so decent pump

picked up my rad today..

ordering the water blocks today

we be ambient bois
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mongoose!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #2
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: water cooling...

No way in hell you're using a truck radiator lol.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 11:38 PM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:44 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
Just the trans cooler portion is for the computer. The main core is for his sex robot moose.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2019, 12:12 AM   #4
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
why not.. its just a big AIO haha
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2019, 02:56 AM   #5
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

more parts...

got my blocks.. look pretty nice

bottom... not so much but it'll work.

also the new PSU i bought used.. is indeed brand new.. half price.. can't go wrong.. side note.. a 750 watt psu isnt big enough to run a vega apparently... hence this

made some plugs for the rad.. i was going to jb weld em in, but incase i need to take them out i think im just gonna RTV them in.. there should be next to no pressure in the system so it should be fine... modded some pex pieces to accept the tube just need to drill and press/jb weld em in the plugs and were off to the races.

These people High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2019, 11:17 PM   #6
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

so back up and running... took a bit.. changed some stuff around...

started by doing this...

then shitting my pants for the next day... for the non tech people.. a cpu chip isnt supposed to be ripped out along with the cooler.. so yeah.. glad it all works in the end.

then needed to mod a bracket for water and power passages.. the power was originally gonna run the pump, fans, and a biocide container.. as computer loops grow algae.. still need to buy those tho..

made the adapters for the rad... kinda press it plus rtv.. seems water tight..

blocks on and in...

up and running..

This user High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2019, 11:25 PM   #7
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

at idle temps are around 25C on the cpu and 18C on the gpu

at 100% load temps are 43C on the cpu and 26C on the gpu..

100% passive.. on a ten minute test.. so.. heat soak might into play but i can add fans no problem in the future.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #8
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:44 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

That is pretty wild
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #9
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Wonder if I should do sth similar, got the biggest Arctic rad on my cpu I could fit into the casing and still get regular 100c+ under load at speccy...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2019, 02:00 PM   #10
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

what cpu? when did you last put it on? stock speed even on stock coolers shouldnt get that hot

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters