Anyone here follow Grass Roots magazine? - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2009 Streetfighter Buildoff

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Anyone here follow Grass Roots magazine?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #41
Autobot
Ton up
Senior Fighterer
Autobot's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:43 PM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 7 Times in 4 Posts
Autobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well liked
Default Re: Anyone here follow Grass Roots magazine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xci.ed6 View Post
Not sure on fair market value though, so that's up to the judges.
Not sure either, to be honest.
KBB puts almost $2k on it, but the bike with its problems and time sitting is not worth that. I am sure that by the time you get it running right (change fluids, gaskets, and other parts) you will have some money in it.
However, it is obvious that you got an "I love you grandson" deal.

Part of me wants says that if the value is assessed at what was paid then it opens a can of worms that is filled with friends and family deals.

The other part of me has faith in this forum knowing that most the people here are cool and not faggot enough to construe fake deals to win any contest let alone one where there is no real prize.

So, that being said and knowing you did not get his good deal with the intent of the contest and the fact that is supposed to be kept all in fun anyways, I say go with it. After all, it isn't like it is $10k bike and you know what, I would really like to see this project.

My D6 Fighter at http://www.dropshots.com/D6fighter
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #42
Demens
Bike Found
CF Lover
Demens's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:43 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Demens is making some friendsDemens is making some friendsDemens is making some friendsDemens is making some friendsDemens is making some friends

Autobot
Mustangkiller
Wes4386
Scrapyard
CK187
Demens

I'm in... Cool idea. This is my bike, minus the hot girl: '94 ZX6E

I like all the ideas thrown out... I don't know if I am wild about the deadline, though... It seems like a really long time. My initial thought was it would be January 1, 2010... I don't know if that would cut people out, though? Thoughts?
Demens is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #43
xci.ed6
The Honda Guy
Fighterer
Local Time: 06:43 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
xci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of lightxci.ed6 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
However, it is obvious that you got an "I love you grandson" deal.

For sure, it was a fucked up deal though. He was literally on his deathbed and said he'd give me the bike, and my aunt-by-marriage contested. She wanted the truck if I got the bike, so I said I'd pay for the bike. Bitch had to pay full value for the truck. He died that night, but for the better, he had been in a lot of pain for a long time. cancer Even if I took the value at like $1500 I think I could hit the $2000 mark, this is a low budget build and I'm planning on selling off the 'sand in my vagina' touring parts.

My deadline is 3 weeks, cause then I'm moving to Jacksonville from Iowa. If we've got longer I'll keep tweaking though.
xci.ed6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #44
Autobot
Ton up
Senior Fighterer
Autobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well liked

You got plenty of time to tweak. lol

Do it at what was paid, and use the extra $$$ to do it a little nicer as sort of a tribute.

Anyways, for somebody near PA, here is a GREAT start for a budget fighter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...Q5fAccessories

If I lived closer, I would be on it.

I might have a line a 1991 Ninja for $350.
A buddy of mine knows the person selling it and says it is just missing part of the tail.

I was planning on bobbing it anyways.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #45
Autobot
Ton up
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demens View Post

I'm in... Cool idea. This is my bike, minus the hot girl: '94 ZX6E

I like all the ideas thrown out... I don't know if I am wild about the deadline, though... It seems like a really long time. My initial thought was it would be January 1, 2010... I don't know if that would cut people out, though? Thoughts?
Well, my thought on the deadline is so it doesn't cut people out.
Also, this gives newer builders, people who want to do it in there spare time, people on super limited budgets (such as myself) time to build and shop.

Keep in mind, many people joining don't even have the bike yet like yourself and will take time shopping for that right deal as they don't always fall in your lap.

As far as the girl goes, since she is on the bike, she counts as part of the price. However, I will be happy to take her off your hands for another project of mine.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #46
Demens
Bike Found
CF Lover
Demens's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Demens is making some friendsDemens is making some friendsDemens is making some friendsDemens is making some friendsDemens is making some friends

Quote:
Well, my thought on the deadline is so it doesn't cut people out.
Also, this gives newer builders, people who want to do it in there spare time, people on super limited budgets (such as myself) time to build and shop.

Keep in mind, many people joining don't even have the bike yet like yourself and will take time shopping for that right deal as they don't always fall in your lap.

As far as the girl goes, since she is on the bike, she counts as part of the price. However, I will be happy to take her off your hands for another project of mine.
Someone else already took her... But she is open to trading hands again, I'm sure...
Demens is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #47
Autobot
Ton up
Senior Fighterer

I dunno, she may have too many miles on her for a late model.
However, the body still does seem to be in good shape, how does she handle?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #48
problemaddict
junkfighter
Fighter
problemaddict's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
problemaddict is making some friendsproblemaddict is making some friendsproblemaddict is making some friendsproblemaddict is making some friends
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:

Anyways, for somebody near PA, here is a GREAT start for a budget fighter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...Q5fAccessories
That's certainly not a '95. Probably an '85. And not a Ninja 600, either. I'm guessing GPZ750 (or 900 or 1000 but i think they have bigger rotors).

I'm real tempted, its at $76 w/ 11 hours to go. But i've got enough projects and already have a Honda in similar condition...
problemaddict is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #49
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:43 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

My dad and I have been talking about doing the GRM build off for a while now. Only problem is they are always held half way across the country, and it would probably cost as much to get the car there as it would to build the thing!

This seems like a great alternative, and I may have to do this. I still don't have a bike and this bike would also be my first bike... other then ones my dad bought for me when I was a little kid (7-12). I'm glad to see the build will go on for as long as it is. That should give me enough time to do some research to figure out what parts would work best and all that other fun stuff. I'm also looking for a CB750 to start with. Don't add me to the list until I get a bike though.

If I use the lathe and CNC machine that one of my dads friends has access to, would that cost me anything more then the cost of the metal used? You said as long as we do the work, the work is considered free, right? Would we have to include stuff that is built for the bike but doesn't go on the bike? For example, I build a custom fiberglass tail section, but I f it up and toss it... does that still get added to the total?

Autobot, you should go back through here and edit the first post to provide one easy spot to look for all the rules and requirements. It would make it a lot easier to keep up with rules and new updates.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2009 Streetfighter Buildoff