Transforming my CBR1000F "YDM" - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Transforming my CBR1000F "YDM"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
AmanzKustomz
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
AmanzKustomz is a NOOB
Default Transforming my CBR1000F "YDM"

Please move this thread, I posted it in the wrong area.. Thank you!!!!!

Hello to all the fighterzz here! Glad to be on a forum with such vast knowledge and amazing people from all around the world with different ideas of every kind.

I have a 91 CBR1000F and even though I loved how it looked it wasn't screaming what I wanted it to, and that is ME! myself, my style, ego, imagination, ruggedness, rudeness, loud, stylish, out of the box, BIG, extra ordinary.

So I decided to strip it down naked and build it back up with my own style of fairings(made with sheet metal, sprockets, calipers, chain, bolts, nuts!) That's the least of it, other things would include changing my coil system from that old stuff to the new stuff which is stick coils so I can get a little extra hp and a good boost to start the bike when it's cold. Few other things would be cutting the back of the sub-frame off as no matter what I don't want another person sitting behind me(even if it's the sexiest girl in the world), I'm selfish about my motorbike as it's my way of pleasure(we ride it:P).

It's a project of time and ego because not only have I never changed the oil of a motorcycle or used an angle grinder but never ever been creative, and now my juices are flowing so to say and I have done a lot. My Bike when I bought it ($900) was not running and I got it running and pleasantly drove it everyday in 2012 but now I have to clean it up and make it a new bike.

Other things include new headlight, finding a way to get the oil-cooler to look cool and fit into the bike, Changing/repainting wheels, handle bar, forks and sub-frame, That's not including the colors of fairings. Building custom taillight and turn light assembly with custom back end. This also including moving everything from the back of the bike to the middle where there is a little space, building air vents in fairings where I will put my air-pods and have them tunneled back to the carbs. Changing my Delkavic 13"inch exhaust to 9"(hopefully by cutting and re-welding as I don't have money to buy a new or used set).

Now the question is "Aman, you explained so much, but till where have you got on the bike?"

Well Here it is, it isn't much but before I started working on this bike, I had to dismantle a 99 zx 600 that I need to sell as parts and even that was a first.

So Far I have.
1. Removed all the fairings and did some cleaning
2. cut the back end of but I need to cut more as I am not satisfied
3. Exhaust had a LOT! of rust and I got that cleaned up(took 12 hours over a period of 1 week and I still have to run a sander on it to get it shinny)
4. Dismantled the headlight and gauges all the wires and fuse box only to realize that I'll put it back in the same place because the water cooler isn't moving but I'm glad I did it because now I can untangle them and put it how I want it put.
5.Got the back tire removed, just waiting on my sanding papers to arrive for my angle grinder.
6.change the old pods for new ones.

P.S I wanna go single swingarm but no money so It will be a later process once i'm done with this and call it my bike, it will be second level mod. I still am learning welding so fun times ahead!

Here Are pics for everything so far, Forgive my slow process and work space as It is being done inside my apartment.. yes inside my apartment I said.

Bike before I started!

Fairings off!

Back end undertail stuff off!

Fuses......

Headlight assembly... this was a bitc*

Rusty Exhaust

After taking the fuses box and the headlight/guage assembly off

Back end cut off Far image

Near Image

The stick coils and harness jsut came in a day ago.

More recent pics to come soon.
AmanzKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived AmanzKustomz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
AmanzKustomz
NoObie
Noobie
AmanzKustomz is a NOOB
Default Re: Transforming my CBR1000F "YDM"

I forgot to mention, the reason it's called YDM, is because its called Your Dream Monster!
AmanzKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived AmanzKustomz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
scarecrow01
durty south psychofighter
CF Addict
scarecrow01's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:42 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 3 Times in 1 Post
scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

we need to chop that can in half, that thing is huge, also post more and ask questions we don't mind helping

R.I.P Rayvan you will forever be missed

www.facebook.com/InLovingMemoryOfRayvanPayne
scarecrow01 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
scarecrow01
durty south psychofighter
CF Addict
scarecrow01's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:42 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 3 Times in 1 Post
scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!scarecrow01 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

and not just in you're own threads, get around talk to people get to know your cf bretheren.

R.I.P Rayvan you will forever be missed

www.facebook.com/InLovingMemoryOfRayvanPayne
scarecrow01 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
AmanzKustomz
NoObie
Noobie
AmanzKustomz is a NOOB

Hell yeah bro, I sure will, I just been so out of it for few days now.. Plus pats getting delayed and shit got on my nerves.. Anyways, I will be glad to drop in a line and meet all the members! I think everyone has an amazing creativity here and it's heaven for me here.

Now To my bike, DUDE! that exhaust needs to get cut.. shits 2 big! only issue is I don't have rivets or rivet gun.. and can't afford to spend that kind of money of money for something I will use only once..

On the other notes, more pics coming up tomorrow and can someone explain why everyone has a time or clock with pics? I don't get it.
Pics going to contain
More cutting,Exhaust Painted and then Exhaust Wrapped(If I get it done),Wheel removed.. Let's hope my progress pace increases

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff