2013 Buildoff Questions And Concerns - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2013 Buildoff Questions And Concerns

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #21
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:13 AM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 2013 Buildoff Questions And Concerns

I'm sorry I missed the rules thread posted, that was nearly impossible to find buried in a DEAD sub-forum.

I knew what the deadline is, and I had planned to get a thread going hyping up the finish and to get people watching, and competitive. Unfortunately, I'm busy and I had this silly idea that a mod would take care of it.

Again, active leadership is near non-existent for the buildoff. AGAIN.
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
eatabullet

eatabullet's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Flip Offs: 252
Flipped Off 126 Times in 66 Posts
eatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
I'm sorry I missed the rules thread posted, that was nearly impossible to find buried in a DEAD sub-forum. so this wasn't a sticky, but i thought everyone was all set on the rules

I knew what the deadline is, and I had planned to get a thread going hyping up the finish and to get people watching, and competitive. Unfortunately, I'm busy and I had this silly idea that a mod would take care of it. in 2012 and 2011 members made the threads about X days left, and all the other threads hyping the buildoff

2010 was the last year a mod (Adam) made any thread hyping the buildoff, in the buildoff.

There probably couldve been a thread announcing the prizes, which there are some (cash I believe).

I don't what or how active leadership wouldve changed?
eatabullet is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #23
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

An extension would not be fair to those who finished ESPECIALLY when some builders put their builds on hold when they realized they wouldn't finish by the deadline while others kept chugging along. I can pretty much guarantee that we're NOT doing that. As for the prizes, that should be of little importance in my opinion. If the only reason why you entered your bike in the buildoff was to win some free shit than I think you entered for the wrong reason.

Right now what IS important is figuring out for sure who finished, getting their builds put in a poll for all the members to cast their votes and finding out our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners based on said poll. I spoke with Helena and She did say there would be prizes but that is the extent of my knowledge in the matter.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Jackstand Johnny!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post

And I'm trying to change that now Alex. Sorting out this buildoff is very important to me. I'm doing the best I can with my limited amount of authority and my low position on the admin totem pole. I'm pushing for this to take priority with Helena and the rest of the admin team but it's not gonna happen overnight.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Jackstand Johnny!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryatrophy View Post
I say that if Erki was the only one to finish then he should win.
If he doesn't win after an extension....that would be pretty shitty.
This was the first buildoff I've been apart of so I don't know what to expect.

Some people aim high and fall short
Some are realistic and fall short (like me)
Some set realistic goals and achieve them

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

And this is the whole point of why an extension is completely out of the question. It was all the builders own decisions as to the extent of their builds. No one said they had to be crazy and exotic mind blowing game changing bikes. It doesn't matter how wild the build is, what matters is that the build got finished by the deadline. If Erki was the only one to finish than obviously He is the Winner. At the time time though Alex DID finish in time. He just ended up laying His bike down before the deadline.

So this next question is for the admins: Do we judge alex's build off of when He said He finished or by the state of His bike at the very end of the deadline? My opinion is that we go by when He said He finished and was no longer doing any work for the buildoff. It shouldn't matter what happened to His bike afterward. To me that's the same as taking someones award away weeks after the buildoff was done because He messed His bike up.
These people High Fived Jackstand Johnny!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #26
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
The last post in my build-off thread was me saying my builds will go undocumented from now on due to the extreme slow pace and I too posted wondering if anyone even finished this year. This years build-off was a joke. lol
In what way was it a joke? Most everyone put alot of effort and time into their bikes as I'm sure you did too. If it was a joke like you say it was it's just as much your fault as anyone elses for coming off like a joke.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #27
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:13 AM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

The buildoff could be so much more than it has been the last few years. It could bring in traffic and more people if it was promoted or advertised on other sites. Hell, it isn't even featured on our home page. New people probably don't even know this was going on unless they clicked the Streetfighter Buildoff subforum. Other sites mention in the general section when special events are going on. We have a forum wide announcement that stickers are for sale, but nothing about a buildoff? Was the buildoff hyped in those silly monthly CF emails? I can't recall since I just delete them as they only contain links to threads I have already been reading. I would recommend the buildoffs by hyped in those emails a few months before they start so we can bring in more people. Why not put a note in other VS forum emails about it? If there are buildoffs in other forums VS has, I would take a look, but I am not going to go searching for them. The forum banner could be altered to state the buildoff is coming, or it is going on now. The advertisement to the right of the banner could switch back and forth from regular ads to a banner about the buildoff.

Why not list the prizes? It might motivate people to enter their bike whereas just the satisfaction of competing might not. Some people might be motivated by the cash or a new helmet and work harder to finish on time. I can't think of any other contest where the prize isn't mentioned before hand.

Bottom line: The buildoff needs a boost of energy.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #28
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post

Bottom line: The buildoff needs a boost of energy.
Agreed, as do other things. BUT, you also have to realize that all but one of us do this as a service to the community as a whole and in our spare time.

I'm sorry if this comes off harsh, but me hyping someone's buildoff bike/thread/posts isn't going to happen anytime soon. You build it, you post it, you deal with the outcome. It's like FOTM.......people can have the baddest fucking bike on the planet, but when they begin to realize that cell phone photos in a darkened cellar in front of dirty laundry aren't going to help get them votes then we will be making progress.

If you entered the buildoff for a prize other than building and competing, then in this mods opinion you did it for the wrong reason. Do it because you love it. Isn't that why we are here?

Some of this sounds like people not wanting to take responsibility for their actions. At least the PM's i'm getting are. If you didn't finish, man up and just say you didn't finish and we'll move on.

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE THOSE OF CK (YOUR MOTHER FUCKING SUPREME RULER) AND CK ALONE AND DO NOT IN ANY WAY REPRESENT THE VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF VS OR ITS MANAGEMENT
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #29
GDogg007
GURU

GDogg007's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 72
Flipped Off 58 Times in 33 Posts
GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Guys for the foreseeable future the entire mod team isn't getting paid. As CK said. We are doing this in our free time.

As for not being on the front page. I am sorry. That I guess falls on me as I am one of the ones with access to that part of stuff. But it is tough to stay on top of that and all the other stuff this forum has going on. Hell that is why the blog has come to a creeping halt. This place takes up some serious time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
my wife loves me and my kids think i'm a god and that's all that matters
My Build. http://www.customfighters.com/forums...light=GDogg007
GDogg007 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #30
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:13 AM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Agreed, as do other things. BUT, you also have to realize that all but one of us do this as a service to the community as a whole and in our spare time.
I fully understand this and you and the other mods have my up most gratitude for keeping this place afloat.

Quote:
I'm sorry if this comes off harsh, but me hyping someone's buildoff bike/thread/posts isn't going to happen anytime soon. You build it, you post it, you deal with the outcome.
Maybe I wasn't clear with my statement. I was stating that VS should promote/hype the buildoff as a hole to get more traffic through CF. The builders are fully responsible for posting quality pictures and posting updates.

Quote:
If you entered the buildoff for a prize other than building and competing, then in this mods opinion you did it for the wrong reason. Do it because you love it. Isn't that why we are here?
People are here to build bikes, I was stating that a prize may give some people motivation to enter the buildoff rather than just post in the project section. Did anybody ask for the mods opinions anyways?

Quote:
Some of this sounds like people not wanting to take responsibility for their actions. At least the PM's i'm getting are. If you didn't finish, man up and just say you didn't finish and we'll move on.
Not I. My entry was for the sake of giving me motivation to work, finish on time or not. Doesn't bug me in the least.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff