2013 Buildoff Questions And Concerns - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2013 Buildoff Questions And Concerns

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #31
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 2013 Buildoff Questions And Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDogg007 View Post
Guys for the foreseeable future the entire mod team isn't getting paid. As CK said. We are doing this in our free time.

As for not being on the front page. I am sorry. That I guess falls on me as I am one of the ones with access to that part of stuff. But it is tough to stay on top of that and all the other stuff this forum has going on. Hell that is why the blog has come to a creeping halt. This place takes up some serious time.
Maybe I don't have the full picture of what goes on behind the sense here. VS owns the site and profits from it, but they don't do any of the actual work on the site itself? The homepage is not updated by them? The emails and site promotion is not done by them? Fixing behind the scenes issues is not done by them?

For the sake of clarity, can somebody explain what VS is responsible for?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #32
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
The buildoff could be so much more than it has been the last few years. It could bring in traffic and more people if it was promoted or advertised on other sites. Hell, it isn't even featured on our home page. New people probably don't even know this was going on unless they clicked the Streetfighter Buildoff subforum. Other sites mention in the general section when special events are going on. We have a forum wide announcement that stickers are for sale, but nothing about a buildoff? Was the buildoff hyped in those silly monthly CF emails? I can't recall since I just delete them as they only contain links to threads I have already been reading. I would recommend the buildoffs by hyped in those emails a few months before they start so we can bring in more people. Why not put a note in other VS forum emails about it? If there are buildoffs in other forums VS has, I would take a look, but I am not going to go searching for them. The forum banner could be altered to state the buildoff is coming, or it is going on now. The advertisement to the right of the banner could switch back and forth from regular ads to a banner about the buildoff.

Why not list the prizes? It might motivate people to enter their bike whereas just the satisfaction of competing might not. Some people might be motivated by the cash or a new helmet and work harder to finish on time. I can't think of any other contest where the prize isn't mentioned before hand.

Bottom line: The buildoff needs a boost of energy.
This.
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #33
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Mods, please stop making excuses for your inaction. If you don't like my suggestions, I understand. An extension isn't "fair", but I thought would be nice (so there were acutally bikes to vote on......). I don't care, I FINISHED, i just didn't make the official "final" post, b/c blah blah im too busy.

Mike hit the nail on the head, the buildoff, among many other things, is about the community. Without CF there is no buildoff, and without build offs........

I have a flexible schedule, and since there is no scratch to be had anyways, would volunteer my time to mod and write for the blog, since no one else will.

Make me a mod, please. But if the big wigs don't let their leaders lead, then fugit.

This place is one of the few things I actually give a fux about, and it's jacked up. I'll fix or watch it burn, your choice.
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived thaOrleanyte!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #34
eatabullet

eatabullet's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Flip Offs: 252
Flipped Off 126 Times in 66 Posts
eatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
An extension isn't "fair", but necessary. I don't care, I FINISHED, i just didn't make the official "final" post, b/c blah blah im busy.
Quote:
please stop making excuses for your inaction.

btw, so far you're being included as having completed the buildoff.
eatabullet is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived eatabullet!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #35
mvrk10256
GURU
Fighterer
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 5 Times in 4 Posts
mvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud ofmvrk10256 has much to be proud of

My 2 cents:

-Promote the crap out of the build off - that means front page coverage, banner coverage, ect
-Send an email out to the Dirtbag challenge folks and similar get them on this site.
-I am not sure why the dates are set where they are (winter build as opposed to summer build for in school folks) but possibly consider readjusting this..

These builds tend to bring out the best and brightest from the bottom of the barrel. You learn a lot as a young builder reading through these threads and looking for ideas, tools, and techniques. I would almost say its one of the most valuable sections of this forum, especially considering the build threads are free of garbage posts.

-Maksim

Resident EE and BMW Cage expert.
mvrk10256 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mvrk10256!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #36
MikeGyver
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much

Quote:
I FINISHED, i just didn't make the official "final" post, b/c blah blah im too busy.
Post up the final build cost and final pictures and whatnot.

Quote:
This place is one of the few things I actually give a fux about, and it's jacked up. I'll fix or watch it burn, your choice.
I am in agreement with this.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #37
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatabullet View Post

btw, so far you're being included as having completed the buildoff.
It's sounds hypocritical, I know. It's not about me, though. My point is not that I finished. I was actually not even considering entering into the final vote, b/c I felt like my bike was not up to snuff. Now I feel like I have to, b/c there would be no competition otherwise.

My point is that the biggest event (or at least I thought) every year is the buildoff. And it pisses me off b/c I feel the "inner circle" does not take it seriously anymore.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #38
MikeGyver

I am guessing the mods decided to skip the parts buildoff this year? It was mentioned but no subforum was made for it.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=61109

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #39
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

As per the rules(whether they were plastered in bright block letters in a sticky or not) you had to make a final build sheet and budget sheet. Same as it's been every year. Alex, I'm not trying to come off like a dick but if you didn't do that you should feel a bit lucky and relieved if the higher ups decide to let that go and include you in the short list of builders who completed their bike.

Mike-for the sake of clarity as far as I can tell VS is responsible for keeping Custom Fighters from shutting down indefinitely as well as being there for the more "executive" decisions that have to be made which includes maintenance and improvements to the site.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Jackstand Johnny!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #40
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

Also Mike I think the prizes weren't listed like they were last year because nobody was sure what the prizes would be. Someone DID drop the ball there I think and for that I'm sorry.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Jackstand Johnny!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2013 Streetfighter Buildoff