JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #51
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 14 Times in 11 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: JamesHambleton 87' VFR750 Liz

A new page, number 6, going to see the bike tomorrow.
Firefox have finally got the bike done and have dropped it off at zorstec for me yesterday.

I know that the bike won't be ready until 2/3 weeks time due to Zorstecs current workload, but I'll be happy to see her anyway.
I'll show off what my 670 bill for the rear suspension looks like, the bike that is.. not my face D:
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived JamesHambleton!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #52
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Well I'm not happy with the work done by firefox racing in Keighley but more so the price of it!
Poor communication lets reword that.. I got a response to 2 emails which I sent to them out of 4/5 emails, which told me to phone them!
No updates with the job or news on any delays. Basically they didn't want to put anything into writing and only wanted to talk on the phone

They told me that they were making a >>new linkage<< for my bike as I needed bearings adding to it.

Turns out they took my linkage triangles (thanks cookie for those).
Chopped off one corner and welded it up with what I assume is a tube with 2 bearings inside.

So it looks like this (the black piece) which has being spray painted.

The cost of this, 200 /220€ / 250$ usd which I agreed to as I were told they were making a new linkage, not cutting up my triangles!

I was told on the phone that the shock only cost 270 on the works sheet it's listed as 340
At least it's what I wanted.

The spacers and labour cost was at 40 per hour which is what I expected with a 3 and a half hour charge which
I think is fair but also a piss take considering they had the bike 11 WEEKS for a job which was quoted for 3 weeks.

Any how, on to the better things, the bike is now looking looking great.
uhhh after I put the body work on.

Oh and finally me making the bike look small.

Going to wait until I pick up the bike from zorstec and then contact firebox as they have also kept my cbr125's rear shock

BONUS SHOT
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-17-2019, 11:43 PM   #53
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Happy to see the good progress and smile on your face!
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-25-2019, 02:45 AM   #54
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Happy to see the good progress and smile on your face!
It's about the only time I've actually smiled in quite a long while. Can't wait to I get it done so I can start to ride it but I think I'll be some point next year.

Current list of things to do.

Rear caliper/hose/master cylinder
Rear indicator mounts
Seat lock mount key delete
Footpeg, indicators bolts as well as anything I can remember Need to find sizes and length
Bullet connectors for indicators
Drill holes for dzus nuts
Osram headlight
Mount the reg/rec
wire up clocks

outsourcing

Lockstops
Mounting and hoses for the oil cooler
Offset sprocket measurement
Brackets for clocks
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Today, 12:40 PM   #55
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

I've just had a call from Zorstec, I need to go down and re-explain what i'm waiting on Friday 25th -
I have asked if it's possible to do it whilst I wait and I got told no as there is now more bikes in front of the queue of mine???
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Today, 12:43 PM   #56
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

take your bike away, tell them to stick it up their chuff
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads