gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-04-2015, 05:51 AM   #1
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:27 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default gs1175, "time slip" retro build

as all my posts for this build were done in the winter build off i thought that any work done after that had closed should have a new thread in the build forum

so here we go with the continuing evolution

last night i fitted the new BLACK levers and bandit mirrors & R&G bar ends.
its the little things that make the difference

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
HickLife
GURU
CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Yup. Subbed. I gotta see where the sexy beast continues to go.

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived HickLife!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-05-2015, 11:21 PM   #3
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:27 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Pics or it didn't happen!
tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tsukuyomi79!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukuyomi79 View Post
Pics or it didn't happen!
Will get some pics up for you later, when my head stops hurting from last nights festivities

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #5
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

as i wasnt happy with the clutch, i fitted a new one old one had heat blued metals so had to go.
then once she was all together again i got some pics of her with the bar ends and mirrors

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I never dropped a comment on the build off thread, but this bike, from the beginning, has been one of my personal list of top 10 best builds on CF. It is difficult to believe that thing started life in a dealership as a thin tire, spindly fork monstrosity with too much superbike DNA to ever deny it being the moto equivalent to King feckin' Kong. Then something like two decades pass and it ends up in the shed of a guy with a vision, gets torn down to the very core of what makes it a bike, and rebuilt with all the modern amenities that make it what it is now... and I'm unsure there is even a label to use for these updated superbikes.... they are just all alone in what they are. Every single one of these sorts of builds are totally hand crafted masterpieces of ingenuity and refinement.

Every update the build off thread got I was clicking furiously to open the link and see where it went next, how far it would go before it was "done". You didn't disappoint at all. I'm actually quite jealous that I haven't even finished the engine mounts on my GS1000 "Superbike" build and you've already completed an entire bike!

Looks stunning, and probably rides just as good as she looks on the side stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Thanks Ratfighter, that is a very kind write up, the finished item has far surpassed anything that i could have dreamed of at the start of the build, she is a dream that i have had an itch to accomplish for a very long time, I am very glad that i got round to assembling her.
if all the positive comments that i have received from this and other Forums, are anything to go by, then i think i got it just as it should be.

Steve

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2015, 04:36 AM   #8
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post

so here we go with the continuing evolution
Aw hell, you're just showing off at this point!

Subbed,again. Beautiful bike you built,bud.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2015, 06:25 AM   #9
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

As i had changed the clutch, i had her up and down the street (private road honest officer) for a quick try out, all seems to be good
steering lock still to sort, just need to finish the bracket, get it welded and then its in for MSVA.
have filled in all the application paperwork, just need to post it when i have the date for a free day to get it done.
should have it sorted within the next two weeks!

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #10
Wrexz
Noobie
Local Time: 10:27 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really niceWrexz is really nice

Totally agree.. the term Restomod comes to mind, but it hardly does this gorgeous beast justice. Amazing job

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
Then something like two decades pass and it ends up in the shed of a guy with a vision, gets torn down to the very core of what makes it a bike, and rebuilt with all the modern amenities that make it what it is now... and I'm unsure there is even a label to use for these updated superbikes.... they are just all alone in what they are. Every single one of these sorts of builds are totally hand crafted masterpieces of ingenuity and refinement.

Looks stunning, and probably rides just as good as she looks on the side stand!
Wrexz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Wrexz!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes