gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 10 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #91
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:59 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

did a bit of fiddling and took it for another test run, still missing slightly and not making power!
so as i hadnt changed the plugs because i didnt have a plug spanner to fit the bandit plugs! i went to my mates garage and
got some new plugs and borrowed his plug tool.
took the plugs out and one of the inner two was wet and black, looked like i had found the problem, with new plugs in she ran brilliantly.
so it was out again for another test run, worked great, made loads of power and ran great, so stayed out and did around 40 miles.
all went really well, she handles remarkably well, and is a comfy old bus, and begs to be ridden "old skool" ie sitting up and cornering with my body in line with the bike, no moving my bum off the seat, was a blast.
just one downer, got home and found she had blown a fork seal!!! only changed them when i fitted the forks at the start of the build, oh well just an other little job to do after the dyno session that is booked for Sat afternoon.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2015, 06:29 AM   #92
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

me and the GS will be there, going to put the GS in her first show as she is now
working and rideable (fork seal accepted )

http://www.streetfighter-riffraff.co...e.php?id=12281

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 06:16 AM   #93
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Haha, what a difference 48hrs makes!! set of to go to the dyno session, all was good and she was running fine.
got around half way there (7 miles) and she went onto 3 cylinders, kept going and just before getting to Stu's she went onto 2 FFS!!
so it was a case then of trying to find the reason for the intermittent running probs.
after a bit of self diagnosis i found that one of the inner stick coils wasnt making a very good contact with the plug, so changed it out
with one Stu had.
got her running on Four again and then got her quickly onto the Dyno.
did the first run ok, then she went onto three again!! getting to be a pattern here now me thinks, so make the desision to give up with any more runs till
I have her running constantly on all pots.
last thing i say to Stu, as a joke, before leaving for home is "might phone you for recovery if i dont make it home"
well got around a mile and a half before going on to three, then two, then stop.
played around with every thing again and got her going on three.
got around another mile and a half and same thing happens, this happens aroun another three times and i make the effort to look into things deeper, after a bit of digging and fiddling, i remove the inline fuel filter, open it up and find it for all intentse and purposes blocked with blasting sand.
so the guys that had done the tank prep hadnt taped up the fuel cap FFS!!! well only myself to blame for thinking it would have been done propperly, I KNOW i should have flushed the tank through to be on the safe side, but we all fuck up from time to time.
got her started, and running well on all cylinders, so off for home i set at a good pace, smile on my face and happy with life again.
two miles down the road she cuts out suddenly, coast to a halt, and find out i have run out of fuel, she obviously uses fuel faster than i had first imagined, and not having a reserve position on the fuel tap had reared up and bit me on the ass.
pushed her for half a mile till i found a bit of hard standing to leave her on, then walked the last 3-4 miles home to get some fuel.
have now removed the tank and flushed it through, replaced two of the stick coils for ones that are a much tighter fit, cleaned the fuel filter/lines, just need to remove the cam cover and re seal it as it is weeping slightly at the front of the motor.
will do the fork seal when the new ones arrive, hopefully in the post today
but on the positive side, she made 110bhp on her one and only run, needs a bit of setting up as she is running rich at the top end, but not too bad for a stock bandit lump?

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 06:32 AM   #94
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
YSTILLNOVIDEO?
^^
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 07:05 AM   #95
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
^^
ok ok keep your knickers on

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 08:50 AM   #96
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:59 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

gotta love custom bikes, right? glad u figured it out. def need a dyno run on video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DrJellyFingers!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 08:52 AM   #97
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyFingers View Post
def need a dyno run on video!
got one mate, just need to upload it

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #98
RedLiner
GURU

Senior Fighterer
RedLiner's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 7 Times in 7 Posts
RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
got one mate, just need to upload it
RedLiner is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RedLiner!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2015, 06:09 AM   #99
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

as the fork seals didnt turn up yesterday, i sorted the cam cover and gave it a good coat of Honda bond to seal it.
then took the front end off my hornet and attempted to fit it to Suzy, but with the black three spoke wheel that was on before the swap round, all seemed good except for the disc spacing, so today am going to shim the discs out around 2mm, then all should be good and i will have some forks that keep their oil inside instead of lubricating my disc and tyre.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #100
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

new front end on

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes