gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 111 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #1101
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Right, i need to get her back together, spending too much time on other things at the moment!

as i now have the exhaust back i think its time for some "BS-GS special loving"

i am happy with the fit of the h/lamp bracket, so will be taking it off and round to Taff for some machined spacers to replace the washers that i used to get set up correct.

whilst there i need the brake splitter locking nut recessing down into the bottom yoke so it is flush with the yoke surface. (see above pic)

and as usual with everything i do, after looking over pics i have taken a dislike to the four socket head bolts holding the dash to the mount! so they are going to get

swapped out for some countersunk jobbies to improve the looks of that area ( ok, i know im a tart )
i have swapped the slim Yoshi top yoke stem nut for a taller pro bolt alloy one that i got for the EFElump build, fits much better and means i dont need to trim the steering stem now as planned.

not going anywhere soon, as i still need the tank and tail back from Arnie Pro Kustom.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #1102
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 15 Times in 12 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Willing to give you a hand on either bike next Monday once I'm back home
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #1103
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
Willing to give you a hand on either bike next Monday once I'm back home
Come on round mate, even if we dont do any bike work, we can talk shit for a while

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #1104
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

dropped off the lower yoke and h/lamp bracket at Taff's, took out the socket head bolts and changed them for countersunk items.

goint to take it to work tomorrow and give it a good clean up and polish.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #1105
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

just beacuse the yokes were off i had the excuse to give them a clean and polish, so after a bit of work on them at work, i finished them off this evening.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2019, 12:03 AM   #1106
black93lx

Senior Fighterer
black93lx's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:29 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
black93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friends

Yokes are looking good
black93lx is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived black93lx!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2019, 06:20 AM   #1107
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve

and as usual with everything i do, after looking over pics i have taken a dislike to the four socket head bolts holding the dash to the mount! so they are going to get

swapped out for some countersunk jobbies to improve the looks of that area ( ok, i know im a tart *)

Haha seems to have struck again!! after working on the top yoke and at last lot of pictures of them, I now dont like the two socket head bolts holding the bracket for the arm for the steering damper!!

i am going to have too either sink the head of the bolts into the bracket, or swap them out for counter sunk items, little things please little minds :o

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2019, 07:19 PM   #1108
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

got the yokes back from machining the brake splitter holder.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2019, 07:23 PM   #1109
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

then polished it all and gave it a test fit.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #1110
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:29 PM
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Just looking at that makes me glad I`m not the one behind all the labor that`s sunken into that tiny part of a complete bike...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes