gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 112 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2019, 04:38 PM   #1111
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:30 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Taffs prob thinkin please stop already
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #1112
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

got most of the front end on now, all greased and tightened up.
have ordered some short goodridge break lines for the front calipers.
had a play around with where/how to fit the Risoma fluid pots, came up with a fitment plan that
involves cutting up some handlebar clamps and bolting the pots to them. ordered the clamps.
gave the rear of the engine a lick of paint, to clean up where the carbs have rubbed with all the on's and offs they had when doing the initial fitment.
check tightened all the head/cam bolts before re fitting the cam cover.
re attached all the harness bits into the h/lamp shell after re fitting the handle bars.
Counter bored the two bolts that hold the steering damper bracket as i said i wanted to, looks much better!
will do a bit more later tonight.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #1113
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

have removed the plastic brake fluid pots ready for the Rizomas, took the twin brake lines off from the master cylinder and replaced them with the single line with dry break connector at the splitter.

then fitted one of the new lower hoses.

sorted out the rear brake fitment, hose from the master cylinder to the fluid pot was routed badly due to the fitment on the m/c being the wrong angle and forcing me to have the hose over the top of the down tube, it looksd shit, so got a new 90 deg fitment to the hose, now goes round the back of the tube.

before

after

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #1114
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

have removed the plastic brake fluid pots ready for the Rizomas, took the twin brake lines off from the master cylinder and replaced them with the single line with dry break connector at the splitter.

then fitted one of the new lower hoses.

sorted out the rear brake fitment, hose from the master cylinder to the fluid pot was routed badly due to the fitment on the m/c being the wrong angle and forcing me to have the hose over the top of the down tube, it looksd shit, so got a new 90 deg fitment to the hose, now goes round the back of the tube.

before

after

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #1115
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

sorted the second front brake hose, fitted it.

sorted out the mounts for the fluid pots, made them from some cast alloy bike bare clamps, cut them, drilled, tapped and inserted some screws for the pots to screw too.

did that last night, added some thread lock and left them over night to cure.

fitted them today and blead the brakes, i think they look good.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-24-2019, 07:14 PM   #1116
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

continued with the rebuild today, re fitted the carbs and catch tank, did a test of all electrics, dash didnt want to work properly (rev, oil, lap timer all dim and patchy)

played around with it but as display is not working correctly, i couldnt do anything, as i couldnt read anything that was happening!!

got pissed off with it, not the first problem i have had with the Translogic dash, could be why they dont sell them anymore!!

well did a web search and have ordered a Dash2.

should be here some time later this week.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2019, 05:18 AM   #1117
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Got back from holiday and dash was here waiting for me.
looks to be a fine quality bit of kit.
had a good look through the bits that came with it, down loaded the set up/ programming software
from the inter web, and had a play with it, but as i have no laptop or computer with the required input plug, i have had to order an adapter to use the input lead with a USB port.
once it is here i will have an other play with the dash, but for real this time! after i have done an online degree in computer programming to allow me to understand what the fuck i am doing with it haha.
some time later this week, i will have a look at the dash mount on the bike and see how i will need to modify it to accept the new dash and operating buttons.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2019, 12:57 AM   #1118
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:30 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I don't poke my head in here as often as I should. I think it's out of envy Man, that's an impressive looking assembly of parts living in the handlebar region!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2019, 08:15 AM   #1119
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
Local Time: 05:30 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Referring back to the Berlingo conversation much earlier, here's the bit that Yan made up that I used in mine to carry the Zed (the SV fits without needing it).
It's a simple chequer plate with a couple of angle iron brackets bolted to it to hold it in place. Let me know if you need more dimensions ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chock1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	104354   Click image for larger version

Name:	chock2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	104356  
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #1120
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

brilliant, i can figure things from that i think

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes