gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 113 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #1121
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:59 AM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 15 Times in 12 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I've got a diamond cutting disc should you need one
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #1122
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 23
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

i have got a piece of 3mm Carbon plate ordered so went to work on the dash mounts, I have turned them on their axis by 90deg, now i will be able to cut the carbon sheet to shape and mount the new dash on it, yet to deside where i am going to mount the operating buttons.

( Translogic dash used as a test piece)

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2019, 02:10 PM   #1123
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Not one that is able to resist a bargain, i have just splashed out on lots of Ti hex flanged race drilled bolts for the engine cases

it was from RaceTi who offered a 15% discount for any order over £100.

so got lots of blingy bolts inbound.*

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #1124
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I have been away all weekend, post has brought me lots of Ti bling, connectors, carbon sheet, data cable and bits to be getting on with*whilst i was away.

I think i will be mounting the dash operation buttons onto the dash mounts, they fit nicely into the holes i had drilled into them before.*

Dash will sit a bit higher than in the first pic, mounted onto the Carbon sheet, it will be getting cut to fit and have the data cable connection fitted into the gap*(gap to be filled with carbom sheet) between dash and yoke.

Not 100% sure if i should mount buttons as pictured, or mount them as a bank along side the data cable input in the gap between the dash and yoke, thoughts?

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2019, 10:29 AM   #1125
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Buttons deffy where they are, looks like they belong there. IDK I kinda like the "horns" poking out over the dash rather than lift it up.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #1126
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

toy'd with the dash fitment, cut the carbon sheet, drilled and fitted to the dash mounts, now messing with where to fit the puttons ( washers placed where i might fit them) and*

data lead plug, think plug will fit to the right of the buttons.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #1127
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I have gone ahead and cut the holes for the puttons and dash, will sort the data cable connector later ( have the mounting holes sorted)

i liked the button fitment between the dash and yoke, keeps the wiring neater.

carbon plate still has more work to come, but happy with it so far.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #1128
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

hole for data connector now cut, data connector modified, and bolts fitted.

will be fitting new screws and dust/moisture cover when it arrives.

still need to shape carbon plate and open up hole for hoses to pass through where the ignition lock used to sit.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2019, 05:46 PM   #1129
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

have the mounting plate sorted now, got it shaped as i am happy with, sorted all the wiring and almost ready to wire the harness in.

changed the screws on the data plug for black ones blends in a lot better.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2019, 06:04 PM   #1130
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

looking good chief
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes