gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 114 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2019, 12:01 PM   #1131
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:34 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

further small touches have been made since last time, dust/moisture seals have arrived and also some more black screws to replace the shiney ones

that were fitted.

i have been finishing off the dash loom attachment to the main harness, got it 99% done now, had a bit of a problem with the neutral indicator lamp wiring, but after asking a question on the oil cooled forum, i now have the answer, will be sorting it out later.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #1132
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

just the night time brightness dimmer to wire in and all should be good to try and program the dash.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-17-2019, 07:22 AM   #1133
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Nice piece of kit and high class install you've done, great bike.
Is it the same brand speedo as the previous?
What are all the buttons going to do?
and the data port transfers?
and lastly, for such a speedo, have you had to install additional sensors for "things" to sense and or measure?
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived bonehead!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-17-2019, 07:44 AM   #1134
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
Is it the same brand speedo as the previous?
No, this one is a Race Technology Dash2, last one was a Translogic MD3

Quote:
What are all the buttons going to do?
buttons are for

r/h = MENU

2nd = scroll up

3rd = scroll down

4th button on bars = select

Quote:
and the data port transfers?
there is a lot of the screens (5) that are user adjustable, also dash will accept inputs from 4 outside sensors, all of which can be interfaced with a laptop for change/log/save

Quote:
and lastly, for such a speedo, have you had to install additional sensors for "things" to sense and or measure?
i am going to fit the oil pressure, oil temp and wheel speed sensors that are available from Race tech, but you can attach things like lambda and turbo boost if required

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-18-2019, 04:43 AM   #1135
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

dash all plumbed in and functioning, had to adjust some of the wiring to get it all to fit cleanly and without putting too much tension on any joints.
waiting now for the last part of the puzzle, I have ordered a Motogadget Hall effect speed sensor from Germany, coz i dont like the size of the one that i got from Race Technology!! it is massive, but given that the dash is first off made for car fitment, it wouldnt be anyother way really.
so to aid with fitment the nice small sensor was ordered, should be here today, will get it fitted soon as it lands.
fitted the rest of the new Racefit system, wing mirrors, checked out all electrical function.
Biggest test is going to be getting her started after the M-unit and total wiring re fit!! i have working Rfid, she turns over on the starter, spark to plugs, what seems to be fully functional electrical system, just need to get the tank on and slosh some fuel around :Pray :Pray :Pray

got plans for the dash mount, think it needs the two "horns" removing to clean up the lines around the front?
i still need to attach the front of the dash plate to the mounts, but thought i would leave that until after i have had her out for a test run or two.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-18-2019, 10:30 AM   #1136
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Motogadget sensor turned up as promised

This is the difference in size!!!!* Race Technolagy one is M12, Motogadget is M5*

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #1137
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Did a quick test fit after removing the old sensor, all is good and i now have speed registering on dash
this evenings job will be to remove the rear caliper hanger, drill and tap an M5 hole and thread to accept the new sensor.
i have input the gear ratios to the dash file, so it now has all the correct info for me to upload as soon as i work out how Haha.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-18-2019, 06:18 PM   #1138
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

been swatting up on how to be a computer programmer geek lol. will attempt to down load the saved program onto the dash tomorrow

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-20-2019, 07:09 PM   #1139
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I will just leave this here.............................................

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #1140
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

went out and about today looking for a serial port/ USB lead, no luck so i am going to have to hope that the one i have on order will turn up tomorrow as*

stated. I could have got one from Race Tech but i couldnt bring myself to parting with 35 for a bit of wire FFS.

as i couldnt ride the bike, i took the dash off and did the last bit of cutting and fitting that needed doing.

cut and shaped the alloy hangers, then drill and tapped them for front screws.

just need to give them a wiz on the polisher.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes