gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 115 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2019, 06:38 AM   #1141
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:03 AM
Flip Offs: 23
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Serial-USB lead arrived, went straight to work with programming the dash, worked great, dash now full of correct details.

started her up to check all was good, revs not showing correct (50% low) so back out with laptop, quick input of details, try again.

still not correct, tried twice more before going back to R/T set up page,

dug into the info much deeper this time, seems that Dash2 cant be set up using the coil feed wire from the ECU, Dash2 PRO yes, Dash2 NO
so not to cause the dash any long lasting problems i have ordered another Motogadget Hall effect sensor (Rt site says to use Hall effect not induction type)

i will now have to find a target for it so i can program "engine speed" into dash. looking to use one of the cams, not 100% sure though yet.

whilst i was on the computer ordering the new sensor i went onto the Rt site and spent much too much on an oil pressure switch,*lead and adapter. also ordered an oil temp sensor with lead.

now got to find suitable mounting points for all.*

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #1142
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

motoGP GS1157
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #1143
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
motoGP GS1157
Haha seems to be going that way mate but i think the hEFElump build will surpass it

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2019, 04:39 AM   #1144
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

in keeping with the restomod way, I have been persuaded to update my stock Bandit ECU for a nice new programmable Ignitech unit, this will help with sorting the rev feed problem that i am having on the Dash2, it will mean a bit more cutting and splicing of harness, but i will be able to junk the "engine speed" sensor that i was going to fit on the cam cover.

I will be keeping the Motogadget sensor when it arrives for fitment with the M-unit i will be getting for fitment to the EFE build, if i get on ok with the Ignitech then i will get one for it as well
Looks like the GS is becoming a test bed for the upcoming EFE build!!

got my heat and pressure sensors from Race Technology yesterday, expensive!! but quality items , I have removed some of the oil way plugs and will be sorting fitment of both parts over the weekend.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #1145
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

got the oil way plugs back from Taff tonight, sensor fitted, will look to fit them some time tomorrow or later in the week

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 04:05 AM   #1146
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

fitted the two sensors last night and meshed the wires into the rest of the main harness, will look into splicing them in with the dash tonight.

Ignitech is on its way, more fun when that lands on the door mat

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #1147
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

sensors now spliced in and working, pressure is showing in Bar, but have looked and found what i need to do to get it to read in LBs/in2, sort that later.
otherwise all good.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #1148
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

all working great now, pressure showing in correct units, rev counter set up and units sorted (just needs Ignitech connection)

everything else good to go, bike starts and runs great, still smoking a bit at start up!!! but that will be a later job, looking forward to fitting the Ignitech, if weather is ok tomorrow

i might take her out for a test run

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #1149
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I started up both of the GS's, the 600 for the first time this year, gave them a good warm up, then noticed a slight fuel leak from the 600 fuel tap!
would seem that the seals have dried up and perished.
been on the web and ordered some new ones from Robinsons foundry.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #1150
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

actualy took her out for the first time this year!! dash not fully functional (no revs or gear indication yet) Ignitech is inbound, so that should be sorted soon, everything else working as it should, had a great ride, forgot how much i enjoy the big old bus,*
only small niggle was fueling at idle, was just a little bit too rich, causing a low lumpy idle, soon as i got home had it sorted with a small twiddle of the pilot screws, now nice smooth and even.
roll on the summer

PS, new pipe is cheeky without being rude

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes