gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 116 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #1151
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:37 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

I now have more programable bits on my bike than NASA has at any one of its launch sites!!

Ignitech TCIP4 ignition modul arrived today, hope to get everything sorted out and running this weekend.

Just needing a GSF1200 Map, not one on the unit "bike" drop down box.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #1152
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Ignitech fitted, i still need to make a tray for it to sit in above the battery, but for now it will be fine held in place with the

battery holding strap.

rev counter working correctly, dash hopefully now sorted and working correctly.

need to get out for a test run but threatening rain at the moment.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #1153
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Went out for a test run this afternoon, bike was a bit ruff* when given the first bit of throttle, but picked up once a few revs were added. didnt clear so headed home for adjustments.

rev counter was working but rev readout (numbers) was not working correctly. gear indicator was also not changing when it was meant too.

i had been onto Ignitech and got them to send me an ignition map for the GSF1200, i had run the bike with the pre set ignition map from them that didnt work.

i went back onto the lap top and loaded the new map, seemed to be very close to the pre loaded GSX11 map, loaded some more changes to the dash.

went out again, now nice and smooth at the bottom, pulled well with no hesitation, reved cleanly. revs on dash also working correctly, only gear indicator to sort.

good afternoons work *

PS has anyone with an Ignitech, using a B12 motor, got any ignition maps i could check out?

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #1154
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

having thought about my low speed fueling, what is happening, what has happened after any changes and the end result so far, i have done a bit of reading/web searching and come to the conclusion that i am in need of smaller Pilot air jets.

If i set the Pilot needles at 3/4 turns out with the engine up to temp the idle is smooth, even and constant. But it bogs/hesitates as soon as i start to open the throttle (lean) then clears with a bit more throttle.

if i go back to how it was, 1-1/4 turns out on pilot screws, idle is a bit lumpy, stalls at idle sometimes when warm (rich) but pulls cleanly from idle when throttle is applied. at least i will confirm if the ignition is ok if it still runs like it did befor fitting the Ignitech.

If that works, i will set the pilots at 3/4, go one size down on the pilot air jets (make richer on initial throttle) and see where that gets me

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #1155
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

addendum....................

Dont you just love Yoshimura San, takes a set of Mikuni TMR's and makes them better, have now found out something else new on these that are

different to the stock TMR's!!

looking at the web and what handbooks i can find (in Japanese mostly) even the ones shown have standard non adjustable Pilot air jets, need to swap them

out if wanting to make fueling changes, at the massive cost of 12 a jet.

but my Yoshi TMR's are fitted with adjustable Pilot air's *
so after a quick phone call to Allens Performance, i have set the pilot screws to 3/4 out and the Pilot air's backed out 1-1/2 turns (they were at 2 turns out stock setting)

started her up, got some warmth into the engine, idles great and seems to go up the revs past 3k with no stumble or miss fire now.

Test ride later

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2019, 08:23 AM   #1156
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

just back from test run after adjustment to the pilot air jets, very very close, just a slight hesitation when transitioning

from a closed to open throttle, going to let her cool down and then going to give the jets a 1/4 turn close, think that will

be the last adjustment that is needed.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2019, 02:08 PM   #1157
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 15 Times in 12 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

You'd best gimme a shout next week one evening for a play
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2019, 02:54 PM   #1158
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
You'd best gimme a shout next week one evening for a play
Sounds like a plan

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #1159
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
just back from test run after adjustment to the pilot air jets, very very close, just a slight hesitation when transitioning

from a closed to open throttle, going to let her cool down and then going to give the jets a 1/4 turn close, think that will

be the last adjustment that is needed.

Haha not quite, seems last 1/4 turn just made it worse!!!! took it back to near start point, still lean in the initial throttle.
will do some more tomorrow, but had enough for one day

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #1160
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Fcuk, why do we bother with Carbs?? i have had them on, off, taken apart, re assembled and re adjusted a dozen times so far this weekend!!

started back at pilot screws 3/4*of a turn out (best idle) and Pilot air jet 2 full turns out. (factory supplied)

slowly over a few runs i turned the pilot air jet in by 1/8*turn each run.

each run seemed better, less hesitation and juddering.

have ended today with her at pilot screws at 1 turn out, and pilot air jets at 1- 1/4 turns.

almost sorted, but started to throw it down, so called it a day.

never thought that fitteng a different link pipe and end can would upset the fueling so much!! but it is

the only change that i have made to the induction/exhaust over winter.

i have done a web search and turned up a few articals on Yoshi MJN/TMR's doing the same thing on other bikes, seems they need to be*

teased to get them to transition cleanly, so looks like i have some more adjustments to do yet.**

in other news, have now settled on the GSX map on my Ignitech, after input from*other members of this/other forums.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes