gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 117 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #1161
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:39 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Fcuk, why do we bother with Carbs?? i have had them on, off, taken apart, re assembled and re adjusted a dozen times so far this weekend!!

started back at pilot screws 3/4 of a turn out (best idle) and Pilot air jet 2 full turns out. (factory supplied)

slowly over a few runs i turned the pilot air jet in by 1/8 turn each run.

each run seemed better, less hesitation and juddering.

have ended today with her at pilot screws at 1 turn out, and pilot air jets at 1- 1/4 turns.

almost sorted, but started to throw it down, so called it a day.

never thought that fitteng a different link pipe and end can would upset the fueling so much!! but it is

the only change that i have made to the induction/exhaust over winter.

i have done a web search and turned up a few articals on Yoshi MJN/TMR's doing the same thing on other bikes, seems they need to be teased to get them to transition cleanly, so looks like i have some more adjustments to do yet.

in other news, have now settled on the GSX map on my Ignitech, after input from other members of this/other forums.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2019, 04:20 AM   #1162
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

its like trying to hold onto a wet eel, just when you think you have it, it slips away again FFS, yesterday afternoon was spent with carbs i one stage of disassembly or another.

had it almost sorted on the initial throttle settings, but wasn't happy with the hunting idle, so it was decision time, went for trying the MJN on a different clip, couldnt find anything i could understand in the Mikuni TMR handbook (Japanese only) and not got any mention of the Yoshi MJN at all in it!

from what i could find out on the web on other forums, the consensus was to do the opposit of normal carb needles and move the MJN DOWN to get a richer mixture, having thought about it, I didnt myself think that it was a correct solution, but i would give it a try anyway.

well with the clip moved up one slot (MJN lowered) the bike would die when given even a sniff of throttle!!! so back apart and clip moved down two slots (raise MJN)

this resulted with bike reving cleanly from initial throttle through and past 3k (area of problems)

got a feeling that i am now in the area of needing a bigger pilot fuel jet, as the air jet is only just screwed out 1/2 a turn.

At this point in the proceedings @JamesHambleton turned up to return my bike ramp, that he had been using, so spent the next couple of hours putting my bike back together slowly and talking Shit. always good to see you mate

will be taking her out again later for another shake down run,

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2019, 04:59 AM   #1163
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:39 AM
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

This is starting to sound like this one 4cc two stroke nitro engine I had in an RC plane way back when you could EITHER get it to run clean when hot and WOT but it was a pig to start, OR you could get it to idle but not rev when warmed up. Kinda hard to fly cause dropping the revs down past half you risked stalling mid flight.

Come to think of it I still have the frame... Wonder what it'd cost to get back up...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2019, 05:51 AM   #1164
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

my fuel injected gsxr runs great
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2019, 05:55 AM   #1165
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
my fuel injected gsxr runs great

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #1166
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

been away for most of the weekend, got back and played around a bit more, now 99% there, just very very slight lean stumble when on constant just open throttle, at low speed,

let her cool down, then did the pilot airs 1/8 turn close.

i am confident that that will work, test run tomorrow

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2019, 04:54 PM   #1167
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

went straight through her MOT this afternoon, knew it was sometime soon, but when i checked my old form it ran out yesterday!!!

got her booked for a fueling run on the Dyno for Wed afternoon.

also contacted Performance spares (yoshimura UK importers) to see what alternate MJN's are available.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #1168
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

did a few runs on Stu's dyno at*Dyno Centre Northallerton, was better fueling than i had thought, but we both think there is something else wrong, the stutter

at 4K wont move with jetting changes? so might be electrical in nature.

i have some mains on order, and will be getting some more runs when they arrive.

red run last of the day.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 07:40 AM   #1169
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

think i have now got to the bottom of the ignition stutter, i have removed the Ignitech ignition module and re fitted the stock B12 ECU, been out on bike, got her up to temp (+60 deg C)

opened her up slowly in top, did smooth roll on through to 80mph..................No stutter

rode her around at around 4K (60mph in top gear) for a bit trying to get her to play up, NOTHING

let temp rise through to 85 deg, still nice and smooth,

then did fast top gear roll on up to 110mph, still no stumble
rode her home still nice and smooth through all gears, looks like i will need to get the Ignitech sent back for a check out to find the problem!

fingers crossed it is sorted now and i can actually get out and ride her this summer, will contact Stu

for another Dyno session.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2019, 04:56 AM   #1170
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

managed to get all of the 50 miles to work this morning without a stumble or protest from anything

Happy boy this morning, i is

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes