gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 18 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2015, 05:34 AM   #171
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:34 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1989 View Post
you found out this morning that your proper reg plate was gone and they'd made you go with the Q, and in the space of a day, your insured taxed and fully legal.....id say that's pretty good going considering
cheers mate, I am calming down a bit now and just looking forward to getting out on her

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #172
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

took the carbs off and replaced the 17.5 pilot fuel jets with the new 20's, will get her started up tonight and see if that has any effect on the holding revs!!
bike stance is a lot better now the fork extenders have been fitted, collecter is now much higher (or at least looks much clearer of the floor than it did)
have removed the now "old" number plate and am waiting on the new one arriving through the post.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #173
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

tried out the carbs, running better, not holding revs nearly as bad, if the new reg plate turns up tomorrow
I will take her out for a test ride.
took some pics of her to get an idea of the stance with the fork extenders fitted.
sorry about the light but that was the best i could get!

how it was without extenders

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #174
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

got the fork bits back from my mate the machinist, fitted them, adjusted the preload and fitted the new fork cap covers.

Took her out for a blast as i had received the new plate, running soooooo much better now with the new pilot jets, pulls from low revs cleanly through to higher throttle settings without the hesitation it was suffering from.
have now also got the gear position indicator sorted and the speedo set, is slightly out so will need to get it on the dyno for correct speed, coming together nicely now.

PS just got a GSXR 750 "DOT" head for her bolt on extra ponies

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #175
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

not done a huge amount today, spent most of the time changing the brake hose ends, so i could put more slack in the lines, then bled them, also
bled the rear caliper again, but removed it from its hanger so i could get it raised above the M/cylinder to make it easier to remove all the air.
changed the pilot air jets for the next size down.
will see how she runs with them before resorting to changing the needles.
also cut a hole in the floor of my shed and fitted a ground anchor, so that i comply with my insurance policy! insurance was fairly cheap, anchor fucking wasnt

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #176
RedLiner
GURU

Senior Fighterer
RedLiner's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:34 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 7 Times in 7 Posts
RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RedLiner is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

WTF, they make you chain the bike down when you have it home in a locked shed?

I love the new fork caps. What do you think the rake and trail are now? Do you think there was much of a change in handling?
RedLiner is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RedLiner!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-13-2015, 06:29 PM   #177
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLiner View Post
fuck yes!! and if it wasnt fitted when anyone tried to steal one of my bikes, they wouldnt pay out

Quote:
I love the new fork caps. What do you think the rake and trail are now? Do you think there was much of a change in handling?
no real idea mate, i just took the CBR front end and fitted it to the GS frame, forks are much steeper angle than stock GS, but handling is rather neutral and i was supprised that it seems to be rather stable in a straight line at speed, and hasnt wanted to shake its head yet!

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #178
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

just gave her a quick warm up and rev check with the new pilot air jets fitted.
idles very well now at 2 turns out of the pilot screws, but was still holding revs and slow to return to idle, when rev'd over around
5k rpms!!!
so made the decision to change the needles fitted (2.99's on bottom grove) for the new richer ones (2.98's on 2nd groove)
when she was rev'd again over 5k, she revd her tits off!!!
so it was out with the needles and down 2 grooves, back in again, and start up once more.
little bit down at idle, but adjusted that,
not holding revs any longer, even when given a big hand full of throttle. if weather is ok i will take her out for a proper test tomorrow,
if all is well, i will get her booked for the Dyno.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2015, 02:32 PM   #179
HickLife
GURU
CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:

So it would be your fault that they stole it out of your locked shed, on your property that is probably in your back yard? I don't understand how that works except to make another way for them to not pay out if it is stolen

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived HickLife!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2015, 02:34 PM   #180
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickLife View Post
So it would be your fault that they stole it out of your locked shed, on your property that is probably in your back yard?
Yep, thats about the size of it

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes