gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #51
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:24 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Cheers for that scottie, had an idea that it was dirt in the float needles, so today took the carbs off and stripped them down to clean them.

all was good till i went to drift the axis pin out for number 1 carb!! didnt use any real force at all, but the float holding leg snapped off

so it was now a case of thinking of something or some way to get it repaired, i made a decision to drill it and pin it in place.
super glued it together to hold it in place whilst i got to work with the drill.

got it now so it sits where it should, fairly strong with the drill as a peg, so tomorrow i will araldite it in place with a pin through the centre,

Just got to keep my fingers crossed and hope it works out as strong as i think it will

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2015, 06:22 PM   #52
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Oh ya fucker...
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2015, 06:43 PM   #53
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
Oh ya fucker...
about what i said when it happened

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2015, 06:57 PM   #54
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

would appear that it is a very common problem with Mikuni RS carbs, I have now sorted it with a good application of Loctite 620 (bearing fit)
has a really good strong joint, will be putting everything back together again soon.
have also just received the V55/5 document from DVLA, so can go ahead with sending off for the registration

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #55
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Thats all the paperwork filled in, cheque's signed, receipts attached, tests done and hopefully all hoops jumped through.
have sent the application for registration off to DVLA, recorded delivery.
just a case of wait and see now, bet i get a phone call from some bureaucratic jobs worth wanting something or other that they haven't already
asked for!!
time will tell

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2015, 06:38 AM   #56
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Started the carb re build last night, float arm seems to be nice and strong after repair, have some main jets on order.
one of the needles seems to have a bit of pitting to the bottom of it! funny as the carbs were sold as only having 400 miles on them.
i might try to order a new needle, as the needles fitted are not the ones listed on Mikunis fitment list for the GSXR1100/bandit 12 RS38 fitment, i might just get a full set of new needles of the correct listing for the RS38's, from what i can assertain the needles fitted are for RS40's, not sure if they are any good for my use?
i have ordered new Mains, as they were fitted with 132.5's, listing fitment is 135's for start, so not sure why they are fitted with smaller mains!!!??
re set all the slides, as they were all set slightly different, which wouldnt have helped.
checked (for the third time) that the float heights were all 17mm.
looking to fit the fuel tap remotely somewhere under the tank, but still reachable when riding. might need to fit a vacuum take off to one of the inlet rubbers as i dont think the bandit inlet rubbers have one!

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #57
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:24 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Nice work fixing that carb, man. Most people woulda just chucked it and hit up eBay for a replacement. Rep for fixing stuff.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #58
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

At work today I went about making an alloy bracket that will hold the fuel tap, and bolt/rivet to the side of the battery box. hopefully it will sit just below the filter and slightly in front of the side panal. it is just a test piece and might need a slightly stronger bracket in future.
have modified the fuel tap so it has an "ON" position and an "OFF", made an alloy feed pipe adaptor for the hose in, blocked the "RES"
position and replaced some of the bolts with S/steel ones. checked that the vacuum cut off still works.
just need to fit a vacuum outlet to one of the inlet rubbers and plumb it in.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2015, 09:25 AM   #59
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

I've seen vacuum cut-offs mentioned a few times recently.... i disabled mine and it just free flows. Is this a bad idea? Am i an idiot?

Serious question
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #60
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
I've seen vacuum cut-offs mentioned a few times recently.... i disabled mine and it just free flows. Is this a bad idea? Am i an idiot?

Serious question
Cookie i just think of it as a safe guard, I want it working at the moment till i get the carb flooding prob sorted

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes