gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2015, 06:01 AM   #71
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:26 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

ordered my plate this morning, picking it up on the way home, should have her out tomorrow all being well with the carbs and fuel

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2015, 06:39 AM   #72
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:26 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
ordered my plate this morning, picking it up on the way home, should have her out tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DrJellyFingers!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #73
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

not been my week so far!!!
started friday when i had a nail go through my rear tyre on the hornet, so had to get a lift back home to get my stand and tools to remove the rear wheel (had tried puncture gooo, but didnt work)
was going to get the tyre changed after picking up my new plate, so wasnt a big deal, up till then.
took my wheel and new tyre round to the local tyre fitter to get it changed,
this happened at 70 psi before the bead seated

so i had to take my spare wheel to get my bike rideable, so i could get it home

yesterday i got the carbs back together, checked everything was correct, got everything fitted, put some fuel into the fuel line from a remote tank, no leaks from hoses, tap working correctly (vacuum tap correct function too) filled carbs, no obvious leaks, fired bike up, but only ran on two carbs and fuel coming out of overflow's again
have taken carbs back off, cant see anything wrong except for a slight ring around 3 of the float needles, so much for these carbs only being used for 400 miles, as was claimed in the advert, cant believe that one needle gets pitted and three fuel needles get damaged in that short a time FFS, so tried to phone Allans Performance to order some new needles and seats, they were fuckin closed!! going to have to wait till tomorrow to order some.

on the plus side i did pick up my new plate and got it fitted

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #74
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:

but only ran on two carbs and fuel coming out of overflow's again
have taken carbs back off, cant see anything wrong except for a slight ring around 3 of the float needles,
just had the same problem with my mates blandit

Every time I thought I sorted one leaky needle float another one started leaking

New ones sorted it

Then spent ages chasing why it was only firing on two
But as the bike has been sat, with fuel in, for three years the carbs were a mess

Got it running but would keep dropping to two cylinders
Eventually found it was some more crud in the air inlets both on the pilot circuit and the main

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-26-2015, 04:02 PM   #75
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

removed the powder coat and polished up the rim to try and aid the tyre moving when seating
for the next attempt

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2015, 05:35 AM   #76
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

got on the phone to Allans this morning, x4 fuel needles and seats winging there way to me as we speak, will be with me some time tomorrow
might, I said MIGHT just get it sorted some time this week!

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2015, 07:25 AM   #77
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Quote:

They buy you a new tyre?

Streetfighter show was a wash out btw, like 200 people there.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2015, 07:38 AM   #78
Handsome Matt
Just Here For The Party
Senior Fighterer
Handsome Matt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:26 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 12 Times in 7 Posts
Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
not been my week so far!!!
started friday when i had a nail go through my rear tyre on the hornet, so had to get a lift back home to get my stand and tools to remove the rear wheel (had tried puncture gooo, but didnt work)
was going to get the tyre changed after picking up my new plate, so wasnt a big deal, up till then.
took my wheel and new tyre round to the local tyre fitter to get it changed,
this happened at 70 psi before the bead seated

I'd be talking to the manufacturer about that one, tires aren't supposed to split like that.

2015 Winter Build: Phoenix Ascending

2015 Winter Build Discussion: Phoenix Ascending

"But it would require a great moral effort; it would mean staring failure in the eye every day for years. And so to protect themselves people say "I can't."" - Paul Graham

"Assumption is truely the mother of all fuck ups." -Yantosh

"Criticism is easy to do, but rarely worth listening to, mostly because it's so easy to do." -Seth Godin
Handsome Matt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Handsome Matt!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2015, 07:39 AM   #79
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Streetfighter show was a wash out btw, like 200 people there.
propper glad i didnt ride all that way for nothing then

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #80
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Matt View Post
I'd be talking to the manufacturer about that one, tires aren't supposed to split like that.
Will be dropping them a line very shortly

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes