SV1000Reptilia - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > SV1000Reptilia

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #31
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:03 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: SV1000Reptilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Yes, but no, but yes.

Alum strength, regardless of alloy, is highly dependent on it's heat-treat level. This is the -T(n) in the alloy number, i.e. 6061-T6.
Welding alum will introduces a high heat cycle that will reduce temper to T0 at least in the heat-affected-zone or in the entire part depending on how hot the whole thing gets. So, there goes all your strength... until you re-temper it. Sending the part off for heat-treat after welding will return it to the desired T level.
right, it can be re heat treated, but that isn't something most welders will be equipped to do and it's going to be awfully expensive for a part that size.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-11-2019, 07:09 PM   #32
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 

Ok here we go again with a subframe from 899 this time. The reason I've choose to buy this and not build one, is that I'm not sure If I can make it lighter from the OEM. It's a litle complex. Doable to build but complex enough, to give all the efort and money and stay with a heavier subframe at the end.
So 899 subframe it is and the 1199 one is on ebay for selling. I should have it next week.

Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Leroy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-12-2019, 12:15 AM   #33
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

That seems much easier to work with. If that’s steel I reckon even I could knock something up 😂
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Auser6guy!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-12-2019, 06:00 AM   #34
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

It's piece of cake to make it work. Yes it's made of steel
This user High Fived Leroy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #35
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Today I received the subframe. I just had to weigh it.
SV complete tail 10.145 Kg (22.365 pounds)
Panigale complete tail 6.015Kg (13,260 pounds)

Choped litle by litle

Test fit

Bent some tubes

An did a mock up to see how it looks. Sit back, check the angles and give it a look.
It locked good to me. Small, clean. A big smile pop out of my face

But then again, it doesn't looks strong enough to handle the weight of a rear passenger

I had to move the tubes a litle more to the end. It might give me some space to fit the fuell tank in it.
Pretty much this is how the lower tubes will support the subframe.
I will place them between the front and rear seat.
It's temporary. I will buy some squear tube to match it with the frame.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2019, 12:19 AM   #36
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:03 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Pick up the Panigale DP Comfort Seat. Looks and feels way better than the standard one.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2019, 03:52 AM   #37
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

I just searched for it. It looks comfy and it's available for the rear seat too. A bit pricey, but I should get it later when the build ends. Especially for the rear, the oem is just for the looks.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #38
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:03 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

For the pillion seat I prefer the hard cover.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #39
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Me too. Most of the time I will use the hard cover. But I and my wife want to escape some times for a ride when the kids are to their grandma. I believe she will enjoy that seat versus the skinny oem
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #40
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Things doesn't flow the way I want. The bad news is that I had ordered the fitings for the subframe, 2 weeks ago and I should had it the last weekend. I hope I will get those fittings this weekend. The good news is that the headlight cowl arrived today

And did a test fit. This is the angle I like

And while I was waiting for the parts I've make my special tool for the engine bolts

I hope I can do some work this weekend...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes