Italianeze build off thread - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Italianeze build off thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 08:53 AM   #21
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Italianeze build off thread

rear tank support, yes I could have made it, but would still have had to buy pads, work out heights etc, so worth the 18

yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #22
yantosh

yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

made a start to the top yoke , again, it still needs finishing

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2019, 04:08 PM   #23
yantosh

no photos yet of the butchery that ensued to get that engine in there

once i get the engine more secure i,ll look a swingarm pivot

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2019, 08:49 AM   #24
yantosh

possibly to be re-purposed Ducati frame tube

sharp raggies removed , half finished risers fitted to top yoke, just need the M14 cap screws and i can get them finished finished

lock stops will wait till its on the ground, the underside of the top yoke may be thinned down, if needed later in the game

clamp holes and slots next

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2019, 01:14 PM   #25
yantosh

i had an old TL frame in the loft, insurance right off, can,t be used

lets chop the pivot end off

offered it up , on the off chance it would look ok..... yes i could make it work, but it isn,t what i want

what it does do is give a pivot point to suit the engine

I had the top rear mounts drawn up, forgetting its a twin and the exhaust hangs out back, I,ll nip into shop and collect the bit of rear pipe i have for a check

turns out its an R motor I have , not an S as i thought, that,ll explain the R throttle bodies , the give away is the blanked off oil cooler feeds and water feeds at the oil filter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #26
yantosh

leaving some notes here for my own convenience

front engine mounts - steel , 35 long, 28 OD, 10.5 ID
aluminium 5 long, 28 OD, 10.5 ID

mid engine mount spacers - aluminium 32 OD, 12.5 ID , one off 42 long, one off 14 long

top rear bar - 28 OD, M12 tapped in either end, 205.85 long

skim 3mm from bottom of jig posts

need 28 x 2 tube and 22 x 2 tube

rear lower mount spacers - aluminium , 25 OD, 11 ID, 5mm thick

lower rear mounts with 5mm clearance from 28mm tube
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #27
yantosh

trying to find out if this is an R or an S ecu

update mid post ... its an S .... pish
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #28
yantosh

the rear pipe and the cross tube I,m fitting are going interfere with each other, but I have a plan ...kinda

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 06:31 PM   #29
yantosh

R ecu paid for, part exchange with my S unit, guy going to message once loom is out of bike

another 40 spent
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2019, 06:28 PM   #30
yantosh

from the free pile, Aprilia falco swingarm spindle, figure it was made for an Italian V twin

first bundle of frame conversion bits n bobs

proper bolts ordered to tie this on here, then it can be attached to frame

thats another 12

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads