Smoker's Custom Motard - Page 156 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Smoker's Custom Motard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 06:33 AM   #1551
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:05 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Trying to figure out how to wire up the left handlebar switches using the m-unit.

Not as easy as I hoped. The headlight wires come out of the switch housing. Looks like I'll need to cut them and run them to the m-unit and back.

Using the switchgear (#47) from a WR250X.
Will report progress in a minute.

M-button?

https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-button.html

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #1552
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry02ACR View Post
I believe the m-unit also has an alarm/security function, could be needed for that part of the functionality, or it could be so that you can use their handlebar switches.
To use the motion detector, the m-unit needs to be mounted vertically, on it's side. No matter how I tried, that kind of install looked weird and unattractive. So, I mounted it horizontally.

Doubt I'll be leaving this bike in a place where it could be stolen.

Plus, I can hardly wait for someone to try.

Not feeling the m-button. Don't like how it looks, plus almost every m-unit install I've seen uses it. M-button is not an option. Need to figure out the wiring situation.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 12:53 PM   #1553
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
Nah. Too easy.

Custom is the way.
These people High Fived Smoker!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 01:07 PM   #1554
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:05 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

my m unit uses standard switch gear, but I had a man wire it up as I,m shit, the CB13 we are using push buttons
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #1555
Larry02ACR
Fighterer
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Should be fairly easy, looks like the mUnit is "basically" a bank of relays, along with some other fancy stuff. This is oversimplifying it's functionality, but as far as your switch wiring goes it's a good analogy.

Run power to the input of the switch, the switch wiring outputs to the input side of the mUnit, and the output side of the mUnit to whatever needs powered.
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Larry02ACR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #1556
Smoker
BLACK BELT

WR250X switchgear has 3 connectors. This is how I did it. (So far.)

#1 has 3 wires, Yellow, DkGreen, and Brown. (To dash indicator lights.)
Yellow- to high beam indicator light. Works!!
DkGreen- to right turn indicator light. BAD. Indicator light stays on all the time.
Brown- to left turn indicator light. BAD. Indicator light stays on all the time.

So, high beam indicator light working. DkGreen & Brown wires are disconnected.

#2 has 3 wires, Yellow, Green, and Black. (To Headlight.)
Yellow- to headlight, then to high beam indicator light. Works!!
Green- to headlight. Works!!
Black- to headlight, then to ground. Grounded.

Low/high beam switch, headlight, and indicator light working.

#3 has 6 wires.
Pink- to m-unit Horn In, m-unit Horn Out, to horn, to ground. Works!!
Black- to ground. Grounded.
DkGreen- to m-unit Turn Right in, m-unit Turn Right out, to signal lamp, to ground.
.................also signal lamp to indicator light, to ground. Works!!
Brown- to m-unit Turn Left in, m-unit Turn Left out, to signal lamp, to ground.
.................also signal lamp to indicator light, to ground. Works!!
Blue- to m-unit AUX (key switched power)Works!!
Tan/Blue- to ground. Grounded.

Turn signals, indicator lights, and horn working.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #1557
Larry02ACR
Fighterer
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

For the headlight, run the power out of the mUnit (Light and High Beam) to the low and high terminals of your headlamp plug.

You run either the yellow or green wire (whichever is high beam) from the switch gear to the input side "Light" of the mUnit.

The low beam wire from the switch doesn't look like it's needed. I'm assuming it's controlled by the ignition switch input.

The high beam indicator can get power either from the switch wire to the mUnit, or the power wire from the mUnit to the socket. I'd probably grab it from the switch...
Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Larry02ACR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #1558
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

This project is still going? You are as bad as me Pics looks super clean man hope you get to enjoy this thing!
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shift1313!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2019, 08:49 PM   #1559
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
This project is still going? You are as bad as me Pics looks super clean man hope you get to enjoy this thing!
I'm overwhelmed.

It's like the resurrection of Jesus, only way better!

I will do everything I can to finish. Keep an eye out for me, bro.

You are one of the great ones.
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 03:06 AM   #1560
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Ordered some wire from 4RCustomsWire.

Found their pricing interesting.

Pack of (6) 5ft wires = $17.95. Same price for a pack of (6) 10ft wires.

Pack of (10) 10ft wires = $23.95. Same price for a pack of (10) 25ft wires.

Other weird stuff, too. Calculated it all out to get the best deal, without buying a shitload of extra wire.

Got some 3M dielectric grease.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive soldering iron/gun?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes