xr 600 cafe racer - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers

Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers Everything about cafe fighters and cafe racers goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > xr 600 cafe racer

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
was
Noobie
was's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:57 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
was is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of light
Default xr 600 cafe racer

hey guys, after doing a couple of builds here and there i started to desire something a little more different to what i had done in the past. i wanted to take a bike from one category and bring it to the next so i have my eye out for something in either a cruiser or dirt to make in to a cafe racer.
I ended up deciding on going with a dirt bike keen to do a big bore single, having a catalog of parts sitting around the shed i was hoping to use as much on-hand bits as i could.

On my usual walk abouts on ebay i happen to come across an 85 xr600 with a start bid of $750 and about 40 minutes away, being a little over exited i put the starting bid on with out consulting the the better half.
being that time of year with xmas just around the corner and a holiday weeks away i had to set a low budget of 800 for the bike. not long after i placed my bid someone had out bid my maximum and i had to forget about it until i had a bigger budget for something else.

2 days after the auction ended i got a message from the seller telling me the winning bidder had not got in contact with him and it was still for sale. after calling him and working out a deal i ended up getting the bike for $650 but he kept the tank and side covers, i was over joyed this build was meant to happen this bike was sick of pottering around the paddock and wanted to see the open road.

was is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Rwgoldsmth
Fighterer
Rwgoldsmth's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:57 PM
Rwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond reputeRwgoldsmth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: xr 600 cafe racer

good deal on that xr i nearly got one for my build but things didnt work out.
have fun with the kicker when its cold out!

look foreward to seeing wot you do with it
RW

Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Terry Pratchett

gl1200 leaning sidehack build
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...98#post1971498
01 fz1
13 nc700x
86 honda helix year round commuter
Rwgoldsmth is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:57 PM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here

Sweet bike can't wait to see it cafed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 

This would be an interesting conversion, I'd love to see!
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
QuiCkSiLv3R
jamal avatar #1
CF Pimp
QuiCkSiLv3R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 78 Times in 44 Posts
QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!QuiCkSiLv3R is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Driving a motorcycle during the winters in the US North East has taught me one thing, you can't buy respect.
QuiCkSiLv3R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:57 AM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Fucker that's exactly what I'm trying to do hahaha. Except.. With an nx650 cos it's got a 17" rear

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
was
Noobie
was is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of light

this is what its looking like now, i'll do a bigger write up soon lust got to find some extra time.

These people High Fived was!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

in to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
was
Noobie

couldn't help but have a play with my new toy this week, first thing's first a bit of mock up to see how im going to go abouts this build. OK so I've got a front end from a hyosung gt650 that i did a 05 zx6 conversion on I've got sitting around, also i have the rear shock to mach and a cbr600 f3 rear wheel im keen to use.

front end is easy, just got to get my mate to mill the bottom tree a little bit, turn down the xr stem and press it in to the hyosung tree with maybe a little bit of spacing here and there.

the hyosung rear shock was a direct replacement the top and bottom fit just like the xr one did, the bad part is that it made the rear end too low so i need to make up a new shorter part of the linkage to make up for it.

found a write up about a cbr600 f3 wheel conversion got to get the crush hub milled down a bit and some other changes. going to change out the swing arm for a 01 xr650 one, i need it to run the disc brakes. all xr600/650 arms will bolt straight in but i found that the 650 arm looks a much higher quality item.

giving the carbs a good clean out by boiling them in a water/vinegar mix to help free up 28 years of crap and setting the floats, the main float was out by about 2.5 mm.

everything is in its mockup stage.
i'll get back to you with some more updates soon.

These people High Fived was!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Aww yeah...

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers