xr 600 cafe racer - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers

Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers Everything about cafe fighters and cafe racers goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > xr 600 cafe racer

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2016, 08:28 AM   #71
Androidthug

Fighter In Training
Androidthug's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:26 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Androidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: xr 600 cafe racer

RD for sure.

"Don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because he doesn't do, or think as you think. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today"

Malcolm X
Androidthug is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #72
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:26 PM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

H100 on the cafe and rd on the tracker.

The rd tank has more of a flat track bike shape to it and the h100 has more of a cafe racer shape.

Rd tank on the cafe bike makes it look like a street tracker with clip-ons....

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #73
Gazmo65
Fighter In Training
Gazmo65's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Gazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to all

Defo RD tank on the xr
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-29-2016, 06:54 AM   #74
was
Noobie
was's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:26 AM
was is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of light

RD TANK IT IS!!!!! when i really sat down and looked at it the rd tank was an easy choice and the sl230 ended up looking much better too.

much progress has been done from the last time i posted so let's get stuck in.
tank and seat mound are all done was a much easier task with out the other shock, the new shock is from a late 90's cbr 900 just had to drill the mounts to 12mm to fit, my new lathe helped with this
i also turn down the rear cbr sprocket from a 530 to 520 by taking it down to 6mm thick, i have had to space back the front sprocket about 4-5 mm should have left that much on the crush drive, wheel are done with 2mm on each side and 3mm between crush and rim.
i'll put a pic of the bottom triple sleaved and xr stem pressed in.

its all moving very smooth next up is rear brake master mount up.

was is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived was!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-04-2016, 05:58 AM   #75
was
Noobie
was is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of lightwas is a glorious beacon of light

got motivated over the weekend and slapped an engine together with the more worn parts of the two engines.used the better piston and cylinder give it a hone lapped the valves and installed about a half dozen helicoils, new valve seals and lots of frustration i got a motor together and got it to start.
i think this motor should go alright, the only real bad part is the cam and rockers have a decent amount of wear.

i plan on building up the better motor and having something running in the bike should help with motivation.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #76
was
Noobie

rear brake set up is all done, went easy. put the lathe to good use with a brass bushing and fitted some 80's cb honda badges. had to do some foot peg spacing to clear the XR kick starter.

have started on engine mounts.

These people High Fived was!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2016, 07:38 PM   #77
was
Noobie

engine mounts are done, only had to make up the front one's, i could just elongate the rear bracket and i found the top one in the box of bits.
make up a side cover for the air box with some sheet steel so i didnt have to buy one.

now to the exhaust, i had them headers i was making and they were super crap i tried to fix them up but they were getting worse so i picked up some new xr headers off ebay 160 bucks small price to pay to stop the frustration. maybe i'll get some new pipe down the track and make the under slung exhaust but i kinda like the way the stock herders mound up.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #78
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

They look great! Maybe remove that tab on the front section if it's not going to be used?
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #79
DontHateDaKat90
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 07:26 PM
DontHateDaKat90 is a NOOB

noob here. love what you have done!!!! gotta a dirt bike out back I know what im doing with now
DontHateDaKat90 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2016, 06:18 AM   #80
was
Noobie

not much to report on this time just got the exhaust together. slapped one of them danmoto pipes on, may try a dp killer its a bit louder than i'd like.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Cafe Fighters & Cafe Racers