Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

900rr fighter

8K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  CdnStreetfighter 
#1 ·
HI guys! newbie to this site and what i can say is WOW!!

so i am in procedure of modding my cbr900 1995 into a fighter!

first thing i did is completely getting it appart... then i cut 17cm off my yosh can

ok, so the plastics were in really bad condition, i didnt know that cause the other guy that owned it before me glued some shitty flame tissue on it thinking he was number one stunt man... i did repaired them (cracks, rash) and painted it all flat black (gonna post some pics later for that...

i had a budjet set of 2500$ that i didnt want to bust (including purchase of bike and parts) so i went with the best of my knowledge and connections, i found some yamaha virago handlebar clamps (30$), i had my top triple tree drilled perfectly and made some spacers under it so it all fits... got a nice superbike handlebar used for 5$ at a scrap yard near my home, by the way i am from montreal... so you are gonna excuse my english a bit... i also got a blitz headlight (30$ leftover where i used to work before at a yamaha dealership) and painted it flat black also...

did alot of polishing (triple tree, risers, re-polished frame and swing arm, lots of little patrs...) since pictures... tomorrow on friday i will be hiding the wire harness under the fuel tank, plug the headlight, drill the handlebar so the trottle fits. i have one little problem here.. hope you guys can help me with that, my trottle now will not go properly, seems like i have too much slack in my cables now... on normal position they go well but with them beeing higher the trottle is hard tu turn and it won't go back by itself... do i need to lube them or they are worn out? or is it just that i have to pass them a different way??? thanks alot for your help and i hope you like my project even if it is not the biggest one... but my first one all by my self... SEE YA!!!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
ok so that's the bike when i bought it... laugh at it... that's what i did when i saw it first... but it had some potential, a 97 engine, yosh can, steel braided lines, damper, 15 extra tires, extra sprockets and i got it for 1500 bucks so not bad at all...

#3 ·
15 extra tires???? thats worth 1500 alone! haha

wow. thats quite a starting point... its really.... d i f f e r e n t . . . yah.

#5 ·
from your progress pics....it looks like your def heading in the right direction.

do you have any pics of the work in progress?? or are you gonna make us wait?!!

cmon!! i love my :honda: dont make me wait.

btw

WELCOME TO THE SITE! GLAD YOU LIKE IT!

#6 ·
15 extra tires are used but all in good or usuable shape... i am not the kind of guy to do burnouts... more a wheelie guy so i am gonna sell them really cheap and buy some pilot power ( i got used to them) now on the back it is a avon azaro and damn this tire is pure shit!!!

#8 ·
haha. alright. wait....its friday already. so wehn i get outta the gym after work tomorrow...im coming strait to this thread to see whats up!

glad you found the site! can always use more honda guys to back me up with all these zOok luvvas!

:lolLolLolLol:

#10 ·
it looks like a bad ass viking with those mirrors.

and agreed piped out twins soung wicked gross!!! love it!

#11 ·
yea mirrors... they were ugly as shit, but i had them hanging around so i just put them on since i was getting soooo much attention and tickets from cops... bike beeing illegal cause i didnt have flashers in the front and no cluster, pipes... things like that... cops in montreal are really stinky pigs... 2000$ of tickets in 3 weeks can you believe that??? that is why i sold it... that thing couldn't virtually be on 2 wheels... and 450$ a shot... kills your wallet...

#12 ·
Man those TLR tails just look so WRONG without the fairings.

With your throttle cables, it's more than likely the new position that is causing the problem. Try loosening the twist-grip assembly and moving the cables / spinning the grip assembly around to see if you can get a set-up that retracts freely. You may need to re-postion the cables as they come out of the carbs too. While you're at it, give the cables a good lube (that can't hurt). And MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!!

#13 ·
i think the TLR looks better naked...except for the tails.

but them bikes are ugly stock IMO.

#14 ·
yamaha virago handlebar clamps, rock.....
I love the look of a STOCK TLR, it may be my next bike.

#19 ·
whats up everyone, work today went really good! i mounted the controls on the handlebar, got that throttle cables problem fixed... mounted the headlight and hid the wire harnes... not under the tank tho cause it would have been too long for now and i can't wait to ride that bitch since temperature in montreal is sooooo good! probably gonne give her a first ride tomorrow...

here are a few pics of her... she is living again!!!! oooh and the shorty pipe... my god it sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!

polishing i did

flat black paint

i will work again tomorrow on it... i will put the plastics back... i also need to take the tank to a body shop, i has a dent in it (2inches x 2 inches) unless you have some tricks to fix that!!

enjoy pictures guys, there are gonna be more tomorrow!!!

#24 ·
all right i took it for a ride today... it is not completed since i still have to put the belly pan, tank is still not paintend and a few details... but couldn't just wait anymore! the thin is a BLAST!!! the pipe is just too loud tho i will pack it cause now there are none... wheelies are no problem roll on 1st and 2nd gear effortless...

#25 ·
rrfighter said:
wheelies are no problem roll on 1st and 2nd gear effortless...
:ttiwwop:

i cant wait for my first fightering this season! its getting to be that time!!

tank looks fine. you should just sand it up and paint it as is! :twocents: save the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.