Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Need A Gauge?

194K views 169 replies 75 participants last post by  makenzie71 
#1 ·
It’d be great if this could be made a sticky.
Streetfighters.com.au has some threads like this so I thought it’d be good if we had our own, yeah?
So here we go:

These are available from ebay seller ‘dan_dans_treasure_chest’: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dan_dans_treasure_chest/

First up is the SP4. Very basic, it features speedometer and odometer with indicator lights for turn signals, high beam and neutral. Cost is $72.69 + $22 p/h

Next we have the SP3. It has speedometer, odometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and clock and also has indicator lights for turn, high beam, neautral and low fuel. Cost is $116.31 + $28p/h

Next is the SP6 with speedometer, tachometer, odometer and indicator lights for turn, high beam, neutral and oil pressure. Cost is $102 + $22p/h

And then comes the SP2. Displaying speed, tachometer, odometer and fuel in a similar package to the acewell series, it also features indicators for turn, highbeam, neutral, oil/temp and warning (I guess sidestand could be hooked to it). Cost is $102 + $22p/h

Last we have the SP7. This unit looks very much like the Koso RX-1N. It features speedometer, tachometer, odometer, fuel or temperature gauge and clock along with indicator lights for turns, high beam and neutral (displayed with P). Cost is $102 + $22p/h.

This unit is also available from another seller on ebay, waimaozhijia10 for the most modest sum of $50 + $15p/h. http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/waimaozhijia10/

See less See more
#94 ·
You know I did a Danmoto gauge. However I am thinking about a different one on my Bandit. Maybe that Acewell with the analog tach needle. I also would like something with more features.

#101 ·
I think that would be the speedometer cable :confused:

#102 ·
Cable or wire? :confused:
The cable drive one's go to your original cable drive on the front wheel if you have one. Only problem with that is the ratio's are most likely going to be off and I have no real knowledge of correcting that....
The wired ones rely on a sensor and magnet (hall effect) where the magnet is mounted to your rim (or disc) and the sensor on the forks... The magnet passes the sensor and induces an electrical pulse that is translated by the speedo into km/h / mph...
It's pretty easy to set up mate...

#105 ·
That would be nice if hehad a matching RPM gauge to match, for a nice side by side mount job.

#110 ·
Cool thread, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is how water/weatherproof are these gauges? especially the cheap-o ones from china? The trail tech's look pretty well sealed up, but the rest just look like there's unsealed wires coming out of a big fucking hole in the backside.

#112 ·
Hey all, I talked to John about this and since he is taking some time to get his life together, I decided to do some legwork so i could get a set. I am not looking to get into the gauge import business .. I just wanted some cheap clocks that weren't like all the others out there. I liked this unit the best due to its size, tach, and speedo. I just got it all wired up and working. I would like to allow my fellow CFer's a chance to get one of these currently unique units. I am willing to import a big batch of JUST THIS UNIT.

I've settled on a PRE-ORDER ONLY price of $70 SHIPPED to anywhere in the United states. Anyone who pays later will pay a little more. This price would be for those who are willing to wait a few weeks for the batch to come in.

Anyone interested? PM me if you want some.

Click below to see a video

#115 ·
Competes with Vaypor very favorably!! This unit has a Fuel meter, LED icons for signals and idiot lights, Volt meter, Cooler blue backlighting, and best of all: lower price!!

Anyway, specs are as follows:

Dimensions: 126 x 80 x 30 mm

LCD Display
- Tachometer 0-12k RPM
- Speed (Km/h or MPH) range 0-199km/h or mph
- ODO (Km/h or MPH) 0-999.9km or miles
- Trip Distance (Km/h or MPH) 0-99999.9km or miles
- Fuel level (Bike MUST be equipped with level sensor!)
- Gear indicator 1-4 (Not really useful for most of us, I chose not to use)
- Battery Voltage
- Water temperature (in C)

LED Icons for:
- LH / RH Turn Signal
- Neutral
- Low Beam
- High Beam
- Reverse (I wired the red "R" to my oil pressure sensor)

Specs
- Working voltage between 9-16V
- Working temperature -30~+80C
- Includes magnets and sensor for speedo
--- Ability to adjust wheel size for Speedo - EASY! trust me!

#116 ·
This thread is awesome! Now I know which gauge I will be going with.

I have a question though, and I apologize if it is a stupid question, but when wiring up the speed sensor, can you just tap off the factory wiring harness? Or do you need to install the sensors that are offered with the gauges? Ive got an '07 GSXR that I am working on and keep seeing speed sensors, temp sensors, etc., offered with the gauges and in the instructions, but wouldn't I just be able to wire everything I needed using the factory harness?

#117 ·
It depends on what gauge you go with. Each bike has a different output on the "speed" wire, so the gauge you go with will need to be adjustable to suit the pulse number from your stock speedo drive wire. However, you can always just go with a gauge that uses a hall sensor and magnets, then you wont have to worry about compatibility.

#118 ·
Like the gauge a lot ...my question is I have a 91 zx1100 it dosen't have an actual fuel gauge but it has 3 warning lights on the gauge pack that will flash as the bike gets lower on fuel ..I know it has some kind of sending unit..could it be made to work with the gauge?I don't know the specs on it as far as what the resistance rate is as it moves...

#120 ·
Most likely not. I was under the impression that the zx only had 2 fuel warning lights? One for when fuel is low whilst on the main setting and one for when fuel is low on reserve setting. I could be wrong with that. Anyhow more likely than not the sender for those lights only outputs the signal at the two predetermined resistances, rather than a rising/falling resistance of a conventional sender. It is possible for you to check by removing the sender and using a multimeter to check what it's doing at different levels...

#122 ·
Hey all.

Love the gauges post, i have only one question. Anyone know a anolog style digital gauge out there that works with my stock speedo sensor?

I cant seem to find much that isnt the universal style. i just dont want the added wires.
Also when i seem to find something i cant ship it to the UK.

If anyone can help that would be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.