Eeeeeeeeee FE - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Eeeeeeeeee FE

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #51
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:20 AM
Flip Offs: 22
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Eeeeeeeeee FE

cheers mate, easy to sort the caliper spacing, just a case of new spacer (radial calipers are good for that) the slight length difference dont matter as they will be getting fitted to Avrils 600, i will be fitting her 07 forks to this build

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #52
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

got the info i needed so purchased these, they will go on Avrils 600, and the 07 forks with extenders will

be getting fitted to the EFE build.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2019, 04:32 AM   #53
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
Yes they'll fit they're 50/54mm fitment same as Gen 1 (04-05) and Gen 2 (06-07)

Gen 1 forks are 694mm long as Gen 2 are 704mm
Gen 1 spring is 0.88 kg/mm and Gen 2 is 1 kg/mm

Gen 1 only used a 310mm disc though as gen 2 uses 320mm so something to consider.
do you have spec of gen 3 (o8 - 18) ??

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #54
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 14 Times in 11 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370steve View Post
do you have spec of gen 3 (o8 - 18) ??
Yokes
50/55mm
204mm offset between fork centers

fork spec
700mm long
320mm discs
1.04kg/mm

Site note: with the yokes being 50/55mm you can run zx10r forks like me
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2019, 04:16 PM   #55
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

started to play around with the set up now i have the forks and yokes. fitted the new head bearings and on with yokes, fitted the forks where they will be with the 50mm exstenders fitted.* trimmed the shock mount down a bit so the bracket would fit. added it to the frame almost where it will be mounted.

checked chain run, *will have around 1cm from frame to sprocket with wheel set central in the frame, so should*end up with around 3-4mm of clearance, might have some more if i grind down some of the massive pigeon shit weld on the inside of the subframe, but hope to get away with it as is.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #56
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

had a bit of time this afternoon so played around with the shock top mount, had some 6mm steem plate, so cut it to size and drilled a nice big 20mm hole for the shock bracket.

got the grinder out and did some shapping, just needs some strengthening plates, will cut some from the left over steel.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2019, 03:29 PM   #57
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:20 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

You may have already stated it, but I am curious why you are setting this up as direct acting instead of the rising rate linkage the swinger initially came with?
You know I think there are no wrong answers, you have seen my decision making.
One of my favorite mods was a Kawi with dual shocks, side by side, in a direct acting setup on an old school 900 fitted with a new mono swinger.
Love the direction you are going!

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Zweihammer!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2019, 03:49 PM   #58
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
You may have already stated it, but I am curious why you are setting this up as direct acting instead of the rising rate linkage the swinger initially came with?
Zwei, the swinger is from a TL1000R that had a very odd direct mount individual spring unit and individual damper set up, the usual mod to it was to remove both the spring and damper units and fit a duel (normal type) unit, this was fitted as i am fitting mine directly to the frame and swing arm.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #59
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:20 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Ahhh, now I see. I have a TLS swingarm on the shelf I’m not sure I’ll ever make anything of, with the odd linkage.
I remember another Efe that went to dual on an upgrade. I thought it looked good as well, you really can’t go wrong.
There’s someone right now, on the eBay over here, parting out a pretty complete Efe, all the bodywork and lights, etc. If you are still tracking down parts.

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Zweihammer!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-25-2019, 03:16 AM   #60
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
There’s someone right now, on the eBay over here, parting out a pretty complete Efe, all the bodywork and lights, etc. If you are still tracking down parts.
Cheers for that, got it all sorted should be picking it all up soon, not a matched set, but as it is going to get a paint job that dont really matter

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes