Smoker's Custom Motard - Page 139 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Smoker's Custom Motard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #1381
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Just search "6al4v block" on ebay, plenty of results.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMS-4911-Gr...s/323584838414
Thanks, bro.

Checked ebay again. Smallest piece I could use is about $53 shipped from UK. The shipping is almost as expensive as the titanium.

Tiger Metals might cost a little more. They have pieces around $25 that are just a bit too small to make both parts.

Trying not to cheap out, but need to keep my cost down. Haven't worked in a year and a half. Will keep looking for a better price/size.

Finished size is 14mm x 40mm x 48mm (x2).
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #1382
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

titanium here just for bling? I'd expect the shape you're shooting for to be heavier in titanium than the original is in aluminum, unless you're going thinner or something, given that aluminum is ~60% the density of titanium

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2019, 06:36 PM   #1383
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
titanium here just for bling? I'd expect the shape you're shooting for to be heavier in titanium than the original is in aluminum, unless you're going thinner or something, given that aluminum is ~60% the density of titanium
There aren't many aftermarket axle blocks for the SXV.
My experience with aftermarket axle blocks hasn't been good. They just don't last long. It's usually the anodizing that fades out, and they get scratched up. No big deal with $20 aftermarket blocks, but one-off blocks should last.

If titanium blocks doesn't work out, polished aluminum is the second choice. Same amount of machining, just different material.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2019, 10:37 PM   #1384
lynchingacers
V-4 for 4 life

CF Addict
lynchingacers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:17 AM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 12 Times in 6 Posts
lynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of light

You might check out
supra alloys they do titanium and might have a small piece
lynchingacers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived lynchingacers!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-24-2019, 05:56 PM   #1385
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Haven't been able to trial fit the pipes with the hero engine, yet.

I left the CNC header flanges with Jeff to use for making the Streetfighter pipes.

My plan was to get another pair from Roger. But Roger doesn't have any more. Been waiting for new ones, but finally asked Jeff to send me the originals.

Got the flanges a couple of days ago, so will be trying to fit the new pipes. Lost one of the o-rings, so cut a couple of smaller ones just for fitting.

There may be issues, we'll see.

I did notice there wasn't one photo with a spring installed.

This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #1386
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Is Roger willing to send you the drawings for them? They look pretty easy to machine.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #1387
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Is Roger willing to send you the drawings for them? They look pretty easy to machine.
Thanks!

Probably not, but Roger said he would machine up a set for me.

Just taking longer than I expected. I'm with you, though.

I told Jeff - if Roger doesn't have them ready - let's just make our own.

Spoke to Jeff about a week ago. He should be starting on the Streetfighter pipes in about another week.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2019, 05:31 AM   #1388
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Having difficulty getting low-down ATM. Decided to start fitting the stingers first, up under the seat.

Unwrapped the first stinger. Flat sealing surface is obvoiusly not flat. Clearly not going to seal.

This connection is hidden under a heatshield, so I didn't see it when the pipes were on the bike.

Too bad I didn't notice until now.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2019, 08:34 AM   #1389
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 10:17 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

Just wow man! I have no words for the work youre doing here. Keep it up though!
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Auser6guy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2019, 12:52 PM   #1390
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Looks like heat warpage from welding. If it was an impact I wouldn't expect to see it bend up and then down.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes