Smoker's Custom Motard - Page 144 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Smoker's Custom Motard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #1431
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

Do not use sandpaper, if you rub through the coating of the tip down to the copper core the tip is ruined, all you need is a piece of natural sponge, do not use plastic foam sponge obviously cause it will melt. Wet the sponge and just wipe the hot tip onto it, the surplus solder and slag will come off cleanly without damaging the tip. If you're not planning to use the iron on anything else than just to solder up a few wires get a cheap flat tipped one, shouldn't cost more than a tenner or so, 45w will suffice in a windless environment. An adjustable soldering station is always better but for just wires a bit overkill. I've found my go-to soldering iron to be the dremel gas torch

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #1432
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:41 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

you can't stop me bro
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #1433
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Trying to do the float bowl mod.

Couldn't find the Keihin bowls online. Found a new set on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Float-B...cb2c%7Ciid%3A1

Got some bogus shit.

The ad photo shows actual Keihin bowls. Ad says made by Keihin bowls.

Keihin (PWK) bowls have "PWK" cast on the inside of the bowls. Not on the bowls I received. Bogus bowls next to my genuine PWK bowls.

One bowl is damaged/defective. Note the position of the overflow tube. This bowl also had machine work done. Probably caused the bent tube.

The bowls I received aren't even the same version as the ad photo. Overflow outlets are also different.

Check the quality compared to genuine Keihin:

More wasted time. Will contact Sudco about getting genuine bowls.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #1434
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

man that`s bullshit... and at the same time the main reason why I only order via ebay stuff I don`t have to return in case of a dud (cause the shipping costs from here can be 10x the value of the product)

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2019, 04:42 PM   #1435
Auser6guy
Noobie
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

Sucks man ! File a dispute, PayPal will refund your money in full including postage within 24 hrs and the shipper pays return postage. Most of the time they don’t even ask for the stuff back.
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Auser6guy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 03:58 AM   #1436
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Wasn't feeling this kill switch, so it's gone.

Got a billet aluminum kill switch. Just need matching hardware.

These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 05:11 AM   #1437
Auser6guy
Noobie
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

I take it that’s a push and latch type switch? Looks good. What throttle housing is that ?
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 09:09 AM   #1438
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auser6guy View Post
I take it that’s a push and latch type switch? Looks good. What throttle housing is that ?
It's a momentary switch.

Joker Machine billet throttle. Not made by Joker any more.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 11:11 PM   #1439
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Started looking at the electricals.

Already have a question.

Does the frame need to be grounded?

Was thinking the frame is only grounded so that ground wires could be attached to the frame, instead of running all wires back to the battery negative.

Maybe there's another reason - like, it's better to ground devices closer to where they're located - or some other shit I don't know. Probably don't want to ground to aluminum, right?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2019, 11:46 PM   #1440
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I think most aluminum frame bikes ground through the frame

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes