Smoker's Custom Motard - Page 95 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Smoker's Custom Motard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #941
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:40 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

Already thinking about adding some machined gussetts to the torque bar mounts.

The mounts don't look very sexy, as is - and they could be stronger.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #942
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Okay, I messed up when I posted the pic of the titanium axles and swingarm pivot.

The front axle wasn't there. The RZV500 rear axle was in the pic by accident.

Here's the SXV titanium front axle. Just got it today.

These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2015, 09:40 PM   #943
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:40 PM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DrJellyFingers!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2015, 04:17 AM   #944
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Finished tacking the rad filler brackets, and made a brace, so they don't move when welding.

Tacked in the YPVS motor bracket. Took a couple of tries to get it right. Also checked the bend on the cables. Looks good.

Working on a coil mounting bracket. Looks simple, but this is the third so far. And not finished, yet.

I want to cut a rectangle out of the frame and weld in the bracket.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2015, 05:26 AM   #945
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Just wanted to show some work.

Should have the coil bracket fitted and tacked soon.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #946
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Tacked in the coil mounting bracket and threw another tack on the YPVS motor bracket for good measure.

Then, I got an idea for a gearbox overflow container that kept me busy until after 3am. Not sure if it will work, but I'm gonna try.

Took my drawings to the machine shop on Friday for the torque bar mounting bracket gussets. They need a radius and a cutout, which I can't do myself.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2015, 07:55 AM   #947
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got a billet shifter arm. This one is from England. The splines are much better than the previous arm I got from Finland.

Started designing parts to hold these electricals. The base will be a holder for the battery and will bolt onto the subframe under the seat. Another mistake - I went too small on the battery. I ordered an 8 cell to replace this 4 cell. I was going to add another 4 cell in parallel, but the 8 cell is smaller and lighter than the dual setup.

The tower will hold the Zeeltronic module and the motogadget and will bolt onto the base.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2015, 07:50 PM   #948
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Finished the machined gussets. Need to carefully tack them to the brackets and the cradle.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2015, 08:45 AM   #949
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
Local Time: 03:40 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Got a billet shifter arm. This one is from England.
Whereabouts did you get the shifter arm from geezer? Those of us in Blighty might be interested in purchasing... ;-)
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2015, 05:27 AM   #950
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
Whereabouts did you get the shifter arm from geezer? Those of us in Blighty might be interested in purchasing... ;-)
Both of those shifter arms are not for sale anywhere that I know of.

There are aftermarket shift arms available, but I obtained these with some (sort-of sneaky) tactics.

I don't want to give up the source yet, because I want to go back for another big score. I think my source doesn't want to sell these at all.

Geezer???

Dude, that ain't me in the avatar.
This user High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes