Random thoughts... - Page 1433 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Random thoughts...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2019, 12:44 PM   #14321
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:40 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Random thoughts...

I know the 1000 makes ~50% more power, but I wouldn't have expected <half the tire life out of it

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #14322
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I know the 1000 makes ~50% more power, but I wouldn't have expected <half the tire life out of it
I'm going to get another 3000 to 5000 out of it.
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #14323
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:40 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Just added up to 86000 last night.

06 should have been 0 and 12 was 31000 miles when I got it.

That's amazing. I recently found the lines of where the two materials meet due to the curvy roads I played on. I've always wanted to try the SV1000, just not sure if I should.
Nice! You'll be tripping 100k on that bike eventually then. Not sure if it's been mentioned, but have you ever had to open the engine for anything meaningful?

I'm still tickled when I get 4k out of a rear. I recently went over 6k on a front and was so happy I felt like throwing confetti.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2019, 04:57 PM   #14324
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I'm going to get another 3000 to 5000 out of it.
so I'm getting ~1/3 the mileage. wow. and that's with a 190/55 as well (which I'd expect somewhat better life from vs the 180/55 stock - I have a 6" rim so 190 is the right size).

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2019, 08:50 PM   #14325
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Nice! You'll be tripping 100k on that bike eventually then. Not sure if it's been mentioned, but have you ever had to open the engine for anything meaningful?

I'm still tickled when I get 4k out of a rear. I recently went over 6k on a front and was so happy I felt like throwing confetti.
I replaced the clutch pack unnecessarily early on and have checked the valves without adjustment three times. Nothing more, I do have some oil leakage, but it's not bad enough to warrant fixing in the next year or two.
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2019, 11:00 AM   #14326
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

a few months ago I sold my old YZ to a friend

a week or so ago he let a mechanic friend take it for a spin, and the bike died when he was riding it. mechanic then took it home to fix it.

then the bike gets posted on CL and mechanic won't reply to my friend. doesn't reply to me when I message him either (I didn't know the mechanic)

last night someone replies to a post I made asking about the aftermarket CDI on ThumperTalk back when I bought the bike and asks if he has my old bike. gives me the last 5 of the VIN, he does. He says that the flywheel magnets shifted and trashed the stator, that he has parts on the way, and asks some other questions. I get his #, give it to my friend, and answer his questions

so it looks like the buyer is gonna get fucked because he did something pretty normal (bought a racebike without all the associated paperwork). if he had any idea it was stolen I can't imagine him having gotten in touch with a previous owner. I feel kinda bad for him, but at least my friend is (hopefully) getting his bike back.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2019, 11:16 AM   #14327
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:40 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Some friend...

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2019, 11:20 AM   #14328
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

yep

oh, and to make the story even better: the friend I sold it to is a cop. he waited for the mechanic at his place a few times but he never showed up while my friend was there.

luckily he finally got around to putting the paperwork in his name, last tuesday, and filed a theft report when the mechanic wouldn't reply and he saw it posted on CL (monday this week).

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #14329
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:40 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Stealing from a cop... Yea that's fucking genius. Must be a hard life being that thick.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-27-2019, 08:39 PM   #14330
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Does nobody make a fridge anymore that's just a fucking fridge? What if I don't want to freeze shit or make ice or get water out of it or whatever? Fucking stupid.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion