I need a longer 28mm axle! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > I need a longer 28mm axle!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2019, 04:27 PM   #1
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
Local Time: 03:05 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all
Default I need a longer 28mm axle!

Swapping an R6 wheel into my ZX6R swingarm, but the R6’s 28mm axle is about an inch short (ZX6R uses a 25mm axle). I’ve got a couple different R6 axles and GSXR600 axles and they’re all the same length (about 12”). I need a 28mm axle thats closer to 13”/325mm. Any ideas?
makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Flip Offs: 23
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: I need a longer 28mm axle!

GSX1400?

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all

We didn't get that one in the states
This user High Fived makenzie71!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2019, 06:05 PM   #4
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Flip Offs: 23
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

TL1000R?

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2019, 06:10 PM   #5
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

I'm seeing if I can find out the TLS/R lengths now.
This user High Fived makenzie71!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2019, 08:04 PM   #6
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

Thought to myself "mak TL's use to be your thing you have two 20 gallon totes full of TL parts surely there's an axle in there"...

...and there was...

...and it's the right length
These people High Fived makenzie71!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #7
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

there were actually four of them in there. I only had 4 TL's and only took the swingarm off one of them the fuck do I have four axles for?
These people High Fived makenzie71!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #8
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 10:05 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Why not use the 25mm spindle and shim the wheel to meet it? You can make captive spacers for this.

If you use a 28mm spindle, you're going to need a 28mm drill bit and/or grinder plus a really fkn steady hand to make it go in the swing arm straight.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2019, 09:17 PM   #9
makenzie71
GURU
Fighterer

The 28mm adjusters fit the swingarm just fine, I'll just have to ream out the swingarm axle slots a bit. Alignment there isn't really an issue...the slots are already 26mm for a 25mm axle. The adjusters actually set the alignment.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2019, 07:59 AM   #10
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 10:05 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

If it were me I'd still feel better doing captive spacers.

Unless you've fluked out and the Yamaha OEM spacers aligned everything to your hyosung with a Kawasaki arm and a Suzuki spindle, you're going to have to make spacers anyway.

Using the bigger spindle will mean drilling out the caliper carrier so you still need a 28mm drill. Is there enough meat on it?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!