rendering rig - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > rendering rig

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 15 Times in 12 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default rendering rig

I'm looking to upgrade my current build make a new build for a sole purpose of video editing/rendering. I've not really being into my computers these last 3 or so years so I'm way behind in technology

This is what I'm looking at so far, I've already got a case and a 500w or 850w power supply I can chuck in https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Ycjyk

Anything I should change on these parts (I've just gotten a RX 580) so I'm trying to figure out which would be best for rendering this or the gtx1650 or the 580, or 7970

I'm also looking for hdd recommendations, most of the video I've currently got is 1080p in h.264
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:05 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: rendering rig

I am looking at the model numbers on the parts and it only reminds me how long its been since I looked into computer parts.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2019, 08:18 AM   #3
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I am looking at the model numbers on the parts and it only reminds me how long its been since I looked into computer parts.
Tell me about it, I'm rocking a fx6100 processor at the moment, got it in 05/2012 when I built my current rig. The problem is once you've used a fast pc there is no going back.

In Fact I lied 08/2014 when I had my laptop built
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2019, 04:36 PM   #4
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:05 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

When I was looking into best set up for 4k video and drawings etc, I ended up just going down the laptop route. Granted it only gave me the minimum spec I needed but did get 500gb sshd, 8gb ram, i5 (8th gen) touch screen (active pen ready) and its 2 in one so i can use in tablet mode which i never thought i would use that much but find i do alot while in the garage.. i know its not what your asking but i got it all for 450 shopping around and its dell so not too bad. i came back to windows after 5 yrs on chrome, which to be honest i will probably go back too next time.

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

a 580 would probably be ok... linus just did a 4K on the cheap setup and my vega was on the bottom.. so a 580 would be worse off? but he put a 1650 in that so..
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #6
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
a 580 would probably be ok... linus just did a 4K on the cheap setup and my vega was on the bottom.. so a 580 would be worse off? but he put a 1650 in that so..
My friend is selling his vega 64 so would that be the best option to go for then?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2019, 06:05 PM   #7
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

i wouldnt buy anything that isnt next gen... 20xx / 5700

fwiw i bought a 1300 watt psu to run my vega as well so..
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters