Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind - Page 87 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #861
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:45 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind

What rear wheel are you running? Random, just looks more delicate than the classic 90s three-spokes

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #862
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:45 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNIP View Post
just looks more delicate than the classic 90s three-spokes
that'll be cos it's a less classic 2007 wheel

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #863
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looks V nice on there

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived TURNIP!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2018, 03:11 AM   #864
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNIP View Post
Looks V nice on there
&, one day, I might actually get round to fitting the matching front wheel

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #865
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Many moons ago, before I got sidetracked with a new paint job, the GSXR was taken apart to do a couple of minor maintenance jobs. These then got ignored as, some of you may remember, I decided to fit some inner panels to my scoops instead.

Needless to say, None of these things were done or finished.....

...so this week I cracked on with them

First I disassembled my electrics in an attempt to solve the problematic blowing indicator fuse...
this has been an ongoing issue & if they start doing it again I shall be removing them as Yan suggested
...still unable to find an obvious fault I replaced all the connectors, reassembled and tested only to find.....

...they now working perfectly
for how long is still unknown though & removal is still on the cards

I then dug out the infill panels I started and got on with them.

And after a few false starts they ended up like this....

.....which probably wouldnt be considered worth the effort as, like most things I've done this week, they can't really be seen once fitted..

..but I'm happy I've fitted them and should serve there purpose

I then removed my worn out ignitin switch and replaced it with a new one
shoulda been simple enough, change the connector to match the one on my loom and slot in! But turned out to be slightly different design to the original so some filing and cutting was employed then with the assistance of a bloody big hammer it was persuaded to fit

And after many games of hunt the misplaced part and refit the bikes all back together

Ready for some abuse.
Well, except the huggers still missing..and I forgot to reconnect the fuel hoses ..plus a couple of other things I wanna do but they can wait and be done whenever I can be bothered

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #866
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

having forgotten to reattach the fuel hoses. I thought I better get that done,before I forget.
wouldnt be the first time I dumped fuel everywhere when I turned he tap on :/
Forgot to reconnect them last time I adjusted the needles too

With that done, there weren't a lot else to do. So, because when you're in the garage you gotta tinker, I fitted some mesh over the holes in the front of my bellypan....

Chipping the paint in the process
But not to worry, shall touch it up when I disguise the rivets

....then adjusted a few brackets & as a final flourish. It was time to reinstate & proudly display the bikes origins again!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2020, 02:12 AM   #867
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Where did ya go? Motohorho called you Blob, and you always had hilarious inner thought commentary on your own commentary, in comic sans, for no reason, and it was hilarious. Did you just take to riding the thing and not messing with it? Or did you finally give up and you need some motivation to dig it outta the shed and get on with a new round of cursing and tossing wrenches?

I'm starting an engine swapped, and supercharged build with my old 900 roller, because we're all apparently a bunch of masochistic heathens around here and don't know when enough is enough. Is your old 900 still a thing? Does it still exist? Do you still have pictures? We need the new generation of CF'er's to know where some of the icons came from and who really started this madness. Like it or not, I consider you to be one of the legends of the North American fighter movement as evidenced by all our enthusiasm here on CF. That 900 got posted EVERYWHERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2020, 02:45 AM   #868
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:45 PM
Flip Offs: 45
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

One of a select few threads I've read through front to back, tell ya that much.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2020, 12:03 PM   #869
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Sideshow!!! Miss this guy and his builds!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 929_adam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2020, 04:06 PM   #870
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

yeah! Come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes