370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2020, 03:54 AM   #41
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:18 AM
Flip Offs: 31
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 370steve goes EFeeeeeeeeeeeee

had message from Stu at WSR, block is almost sorted, will be boring out liners today or tomorrow, Pics to follow

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #42
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Frame sorted and ready for collection, Message from SPS says package will be delivered tomorrow, dont know if its my Cams or rocker arms!!

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2020, 01:12 PM   #43
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

collected frame from Mick, great job on the welding, i am well pleased with it.

swapped the steering stem over to the billet bottom yoke, a lot better fit this time.

got home and Yoshi valve spring kit was waiting.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2020, 04:53 AM   #44
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Got some pics sent through from Stuart at WSR of my block ready to go, looks sweet

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #45
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

as i was surounded by numerious bandit engined Suzuki hybrids this weekend at the Carrol Nash Winter Classic, it would have been maddness not to get my measure out

and get some oil cooler*sizes/clearance/mounting measurements!

after looking and checking a few times, i came to the conclusion that i would be able to upgrade my oil cooler from a ser6 19 row to a wider ser9 19 row with no fitment problems,

so i have tonight purchased the required Setrab Proline cooler, -12 hose adaptors and mounts.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #46
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

just been looking at the Yoshi valve spring kit with a translater on my phone

looks like you need to be a Russian Rocker Scientist to fit these things FFS

Even got shims to go under spring holder to adjust springs to the same length once fitted

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-16-2020, 04:26 AM   #47
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Been round to see Taff, talked shit for a bit, then got round to making me a new top steering stem bearing nut that

incorperates a skirt that shroweds the top of the steering head and acts as a dirt seal, also making a locking ring to sit on top of it.

should have it in a day or two.*

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-17-2020, 05:44 AM   #48
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Had been thinking of fitting a 25 row extra wide oil cooler if temp retention became a problem with the modified motor, but having talked to some people in the know, it would seem that the oil cooled motor works better with a head cooler rather than just a big sump oil cooler.
so i have kept the 19 row cooler on order but have also ordered a slimline 6 row cooler to sit on top of it for head cooling.
put in a large order for all the cooler plumbing from Torques UK, should have it later today.
i have this weekend free, nothing booked, no places to go, so i am going to endeviour to get some work done on the frame, ie cutting off the rest of the unwanted lugs and tabs. smoothing off where i have already done some of the other tabs. and sorting out the rest of the upper shock mount so i can get it welded in permanently.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-17-2020, 10:59 AM   #49
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

do it yourself motorcycle plumbers kit has just turned up

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-19-2020, 05:19 PM   #50
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Managed to get a fair bit done today, suprising thing was i did it all myself, not a single other person involved or payed for

their services

set about the swing arm, removed the unwanted damper bracket, cleaned up some of the welds and casting marks.

things started well on cleaning up the frame till my angle grinder shit its bearing, trip to B&Q for a new one, then on with the work.

removed the centre stand brackets and most of the frame tags for bits that i wont be using, removed any leftover weld splash.

frame now just needing one strenthner web welding as well as the top shock mounts.

made up a top shock plate, made a second plate but it needs cleaning up yet.

finished off with frame stood on rear wheel all by its self.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2020 Winter Build-off > 2020 Winter Build-off Build Threads