(Evo II) CBR900RR "W.B.R.W." - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > (Evo II) CBR900RR "W.B.R.W."

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:57 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Talking (Evo II) CBR900RR "W.B.R.W."

Yup, it's that time. A new thread for the continued build documentation. Suspension and styling this time!

As it was finished after almost a year of cleanup and planning:
WBRW Evo I

The day I bought it:

FOTM entry:

As of current, I am doing the fat tire stage of the build with a SSSA and 240 rear, and 180-200 front. 18/16 diameter as a throw back to the days when race replica's were first appearing fully clothed in all the track bred glory of the mid 80's. At this juncture styling is the key ingredient to the build. My desire is not only a caricature of a motorcycle, but also a decent representation of the 80's super standards that were so far overlooked mere years after the glory days of big engines in little bikes. Think CB700SC or CB1100F.

I went through a staggering amount of parts, time, and money to only figure out I needed a VFR SSSA all along. But not to be defeated, I picked up a VFR800 unit, rather than the usual VFR750 setup that is the standard of the SSSA 'blades. Evo II could finally begin with the correct components. So here I am sipping my coffee making the thread to document the continued evolution of the Wisconsin Back Road Weapon.

After getting home from picking up the new bits, I had to see where it would all fit.

The past 24 hours rendered success in the form of a fully functioning mock fitment of the wheel and swingarm on the mighty Fireblade. Small amounts of finishing work and I'm ready for lug posts and a tire!

As Sideshowbob said describing his orange monstrosity, "The chain is a gnats ass from the frame.".

Indeed!

And in all the glory that is the 240 shod SSSA 'blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: (Evo II) CBR900RR "W.B.R.W."

EVO II is go

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Phoebe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:57 PM
Flip Offs: 86
Flipped Off 17 Times in 15 Posts
Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

You just made it look easy
Phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Phoebe!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:57 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

almost a half hour since the thread was posted and no completed pictures? wtf? hurry up haha. looks great so far. cant wait to see it with the front end

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived piester!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
ARNO
Too much is never enough!
CF Addict
ARNO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:57 PM
Flipped Off 81 Times in 81 Posts
ARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to all

Looks killer!!! Have You got a write up ow to fit VFR 800 swinger to the blade? What year swinger You have? All in All I love it how it came.

ARNO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ARNO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
CBR9 kid
Fuck you YOU WANNA FIGHT!
CF Addict
CBR9 kid's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 7 Times in 6 Posts
CBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to allCBR9 kid is a name known to all

IMO your build looks great with that tail. Now it does anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ruckus View Post
Look at Rico Suave, gettin' his Finch Fucker on. "why hello, fine young female person. How do you do? Don't mind these cretins, they're uncouth and vulgar while I, myself, am quite worldy, well-spoken, and bathe no less than 5 times daily."
CBR9 kid is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CBR9 kid!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Syscrush
Fighter
Syscrush's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 5 Times in 2 Posts
Syscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of lightSyscrush is a glorious beacon of light

Watching with interest - especially interested in what you choose to do with that front end!
Syscrush is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Syscrush!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post
EVO II is go

Oh yes... I finally just gave in to temptation and pulled the trigger on the huge rear wheel look. The 15 is a novel idea, and it will happen, but probably not on the dream bike. Your build tugged at me for years before I finally got a 900, now I can't stop thinking about how badly I want one that handles like a steam roller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
You just made it look easy

I do enjoy what I do, so to me, it was pretty easy. Despite the hang ups and overall snags I ran into, I always kept working for that final result that you see here. When it's finally done I feel I will take great pride in saying, "The one with the huge tires? Yeah, that's my bike".

After a ton of encouragement on facebook, and then a few text messages from CF members... I'm gonna keep the stock paint and tail section for now. I really do like how huge the bike is. I will still follow through with the zed seat and GS tail plastic over the winter months though. That look was great. With the widened CB1100F cowl on the front with a 180 or 200 section front tire as well as the 'blades stock dual rounds behind plexiglass it should look the part of the monster that I see in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piester View Post
almost a half hour since the thread was posted and no completed pictures? wtf? hurry up haha. looks great so far. cant wait to see it with the front end

Thanks man, the helmet cam wheelie pic you posted in the fighters killin' streets picture thread got me thinking again about the CBR and how badly I need to get somethign done so I dedicated my whole evening last night to the bike. Before I knew it I had it all bolted up and I was getting awful drunk at that point, so I headed to bed totally forgetting I had done all that work when I got up this morning. Figured it was time to update CF and get to making the new thread.

I too have a similar affection for that camera position during wheelies.

Workin' on the 'blade last night. Taking a little more off the adjustment side of the frame.

Quote:
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARNO View Post
Looks killer!!! Have You got a write up ow to fit VFR 800 swinger to the blade? What year swinger You have? All in All I love it how it came.

Uhhhhh, I hogged a ton of material off the swingarm pivot lugs of the frame in an attempt to fit a Triumph Daytona 955i swinger... ended up not working out and I was in quiet a position after that, I guess, right direction on the wrong road? So I got the VFR800 measurements and found I could literally slot the thing in after what I had done. I'll take some pics of the modified stuff when I get the bike back apart. Still a long way to go on the frame though. I'm going to be using aluminum plate and industrial adhesive to brace the frame sections around the trimmed pivot lugs. Not sure it's worth the hassle when a 750 swinger fits right in there with a VFR800 adjuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR9 kid View Post
IMO your build looks great with that tail. Now it does anyways

Thanks, I really liked the overall look of the bike from the first time I layed eyes on one. The tail section and tank are just as much a signature of the 'blade's as the monstrous aluminum frame and dual round headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrush View Post
Watching with interest - especially interested in what you choose to do with that front end!

Gonna eat the cost and have the stock 16 widened to fit a 200 section tire, rotors spaced out respective to the added width of the forks and depth of the wheel rim. Custom triples and a widened CB1100F style cowl with the dual rounds in it. Pretty much carry out all the right things to make the bike seem like it's properly proportioned from front to rear. Instead of shrinking the bodywork, make the suspension and wheels bigger.

Quote:
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
Oh yes... I finally just gave in to temptation and pulled the trigger on the huge rear wheel look. The 15 is a novel idea, and it will happen, but probably not on the dream bike. Your build tugged at me for years before I finally got a 900, now I can't stop thinking about how badly I want one that handles like a steam roller.

I was the same, when I first saw one off these machines.....

......I just had to have one.

& it's great to see my orange monstrosity doing the same to someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
a widened CB1100F style cowl with the dual rounds in it. Pretty much carry out all the right things to make the bike seem like it's properly proportioned from front to rear. Instead of shrinking the bodywork, make the suspension and wheels bigger.
what I found while doing mine was....

The width & overall physical size of the older blades gives you a lot of room to play with..
Originally I was looking at fitting shrunken everything to exaggerate the wheel widths and make it look more freaky.. But found this didn't actually work as well as I thought it would

Strangly, although I wanted my big dual lights, I did toy with small ones expecting this to make the front look even more mahoosive.. It didn't?? It actually made the front look spindly and wrong

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Sideshow bob!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes