1997 GSXR 750. Blackheart. - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 1997 GSXR 750. Blackheart.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #31
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer
Gixooligan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:51 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Gixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 1997 GSXR 750. Blackheart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV66650 View Post
I just skimmed through the whole post... your bike is looking really nice. But I think you should do the forks, handlebars, engine rebuild, sprockets + chain, and rearsets first. In that order... Then take care of all of the cosmetic stuff. Just my .02
Haha, would that I could! Money is tight right now, so I've just been taking care of the stuff that I can swing.

In regards to the engine re-build, I think that that may wait for a while. If the carbs are tuned up better, I think she'll run perfectly fine. I'd like to do a K3+ 1000 swap.

The bike already has the 520 conversion, -1 in the front, +2 in the back, though I would like to swap them up.

Future rearsets will be custom, so I have to finish up getting them milled before I can throw anything new on.

Thanks for input! Much appreciated!
Gixooligan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #32
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer
Gixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to beholdGixooligan is a splendid one to behold

UPDATE 02/10/09

Got a new starter in today! Put a new starter relay in too, and everything comes on! W00t! In light of this, I put the fuel pump back in and hooked it up and it primes just fine. One of my carbs was also sticking, so I pulled the cap off of the diaphragm and it looks like the spring in there wasn't seated correctly. Adjusted that and voila! No more sticking.

So tonight I'll be making a bracket for my gauges and tomorrow I may just see about starting this bad chicken up! CAN'T WAIT!!!

...then... tunin' time.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #33
Punkbrad
good with tools
Fighterer
Punkbrad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:51 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Punkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of lightPunkbrad is a glorious beacon of light

nice job. lookin forward to starting my project here soon. i love the SRAD. ill snap a shot of my mate's SRAD he did up as a RIZZLA+ race replica. its SICK! he offered it to me "mates rates" for 5000 bux, but im set on a fighter... NICE LOOKIN BIKE!

PB

I'm not anti-social, society is anti-me.

90 347 1216: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=18866
Punkbrad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #34
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkbrad View Post
nice job. lookin forward to starting my project here soon. i love the SRAD. ill snap a shot of my mate's SRAD he did up as a RIZZLA+ race replica. its SICK! he offered it to me "mates rates" for 5000 bux, but im set on a fighter... NICE LOOKIN BIKE!

PB
Yeah, throw a pic up; I'd be really interested to see it! Haha, I've got to agree with you though. Nothin' like gettin' naked!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #35
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer

UPDATE 02/12/09

Did more work! Last night I lengthened the wiring harness for the stock gauges about 2 inches. I also made a gauge bracket out of light sheet metal. I'd like the bracket to be as low profile as possible. I'm probably going to catch some flack for this, but for now I'll be using the stock gauges. They're a bit bulky, but since they have all the dummy lights, and this will be my primary riding bike, I thought it appropriate. Personally, I think it looks pretty damn good considering.

Here's the bracket; painted to match the tank;

The front view of the mounted gauges. I promise it looks better in person :P. I need a good profile shot.

And the money shot; the headlight on, taillight functioning and gauges lit up.

Looks like everything works! *knock on wood*. I suppose it's now time to get the engine running! It needs new coolant but I think with some of that and a little 91 octane it should (hopefully) fire up. Since I unstuck the #4 carb, that will certainly aid in the tuning/running process. It had been dying before as well, but I think that that was just due to a low idle. My plan had been to make a long extension for the fuel pump harness and use a length of fuel tubing to extend the fuel line in order to give me plenty of room to fiddle with the mixture screws. I don't know if this will work however; I'd rather not have to make a bunch of new harnesses. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, I'd very much like to hear them. Hopefully I have get some video of this project running in the next few days!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2009, 12:23 AM   #36
Noah
No-U-Turns Show
CF Pimp
Noah's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:51 PM
Flipped Off 17 Times in 17 Posts
Noah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to all
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Nice work so far, I like the guage braket idea but something needs to be done to it, im not sure what...just doesnt look quite right as is.
Keep up the photos bru!
Noah is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #37
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah M View Post
Nice work so far, I like the guage braket idea but something needs to be done to it, im not sure what...just doesnt look quite right as is.
Keep up the photos bru!
Will do on the photos!

If anyone has any ideas on that bracket feel free to shout out. I'm still open to ideas on this.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #38
sullenfiend
some assembly required
Fighter
sullenfiend's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:51 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
sullenfiend is a NOOB

bracket looks fine, maybe some sort of shroud or cover behind the gauges to hide the bolts/cables

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=22988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
I don't call it the throttle, I call it the "awesome switch"
sullenfiend is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #39
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer

UPDATE 02/16/09

SHE LIVES. So I started her up today for the first time since I pulled her apart. It took a while. I hooked everything up, and jumped the battery, tried cranking her to no avail. Put more gas in, poured a bit into the carbs and checked the spark. Everything seemed to be ready. Then I noticed I had yet to put the fuel cap on. Oops! Threw that on, and 'vroom'! She ROARED to life. JESUS MUTHERFOCKING MARY JOSEPH CHRIST that fucker is loud! Not quite as loud as my buddy's custom Buell 1200 with open pipes, but right up there. Adjusted the idle. Seems like she wants to idle at about 1800 (anyone with an SRAD care to let me know where normal idle is?). She was smoking like a sonofabitch, but that is (I think) to be attributed to the header wrap and paint. The idle seemed pretty smooth and it wrapped up REALLY quickly when I cracked the throttle. So far so good. I think I'll run this tank out and pull out the fuel pump just to make sure nothing snuck into the tank by accident. I think I got most of the crap out of there though.

Anyways, I'll hopefully throw a video up soon. It's still missing some stuff, but at least she runs. To ride it I'll have to put the clutch-side rearset back on and zip-tie up the rear brake (the mount cracked, which is why I need new rearsets).

Good enough!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #40
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer

...I have a distinct feeling my neighbors will hate me soon...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes