Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Denver's KZ750 "The Shitmobile" shit talking thread

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Brougham 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Dude Im really excited to see your KZ in the buildoff! This is your first bike isnt it? What a hell of a first bike. Complete gournd up sutcom build AND its in a buildoff. Big things my nig, big things.

#5 ·
what ever happened to the kz1000?

#10 ·
Hey guys, need a little insight here. I got that ZRX swingarm in the mail and I'm just trying to wrap my head around how I should fit it.

I have a sleeve that was made for a zephyr swingarm that fits the frame and swingarm spindle perfectly. I'm thinking if I can have the OD turned down to fit inside the ZRX sleeve and bearing I'll be laughing. I have some pictures here to show it a little better.

Here you see the two sleeves, I want the left one to fit inside the right one. The left one has some sort of phos bronze or something inside that rides on the KZ spindle.

And here you can see how close the width of the ZRX swingarm is. I'm thinking all I'll have to do is trim the ends a few mm so that they are flush with the sleeve and I should be set.

Do you guys see anything wrong with this? Before I go and find someone to turn this down for me I'd like to be atleast 70% sure it's gonna work lol. :D

#11 ·
Re: Denver's KZ750 "The Shitmobile" build thread

Bars

Reactions: MikeGyver
#15 ·
Go with bars dude. Way more comfortable ride and they look great on your bike plus you wont have to buy clip ons. Also, I love the seat. Great idea with using the seat cover. Nice job with the paint to. Whats next on the list? Oh and what swingarm did you use again? Thing looks badass.

#16 · (Edited)
i agree with the bars and that's a zrx1100 swingarm. thanks man

next on the list in no particular order:

-finish tail and paint it
-repaint motor, frame and swingarm
-get shock mount welded to swingarm
-grind off old shock mounts (on the fence about this, might use as mounts for sliders in case i dump this on the first ride)
-have eccentrics modified to fit big rear axle
-wheel spacers front and back + caliper spacers
-buy an oil cooler and run the lines
-finish electrical
-find a cheap set of vm26 carburetors and boots
-find an exhaust header at the least and make an exhaust
-clutch/front brake controls
-find a tail light and headlight
-find turn signals
-find a front sprocket and chain.. defnitely going to need a big offset on the sprocket
-throttle and buttons on the bars

i'm sure there's more that I can't think of hahaha

I've run into a problem though now that I've got the swingarm properly mounted at the pivot; it seems to me that my rear wheel is going to be offset to the right slightly. I could take some material off the sprocket carrier to move it to the left, but then the bolts and nuts would have to be trimmed to clear and I'd have to grind a section out of the frame and plug it too (might have to do this anyways :( ). I must have miscalculated somewhere when I was making the spacers for the pivot. It's not very much though, maybe a few mm. Is it enough to cause any problems? I read on here somewhere that some bikes come from the factory with misaligned wheels... any truth to this? Has anyone here rode a bike with a swap that wasn't bang on and noticed any difference turning left or right?

#18 ·
I'm thinking it should be fine... here's an ass shot:

The problem, as you can see here thanks to my lighty gloves illuminating the situation, is going to be lining up the chain. I think I could split the difference between somehow moving the sprocket a bit towards the wheel, and an offset sprocket... There's a lot of room for the sprocket to come further to the right before I'd have to worry about the chain touching the wheel.

#20 ·
Re: Denver's KZ750 "The Shitmobile" build thread

I want those tripple trees. Making that zrx swingarm a mono is going to be a chore. Love the stance though.
Thanks man... me too... shit luck got me those triples haha. I like how they drop the forks lower and bring the front end up.... they just showed up at the right time on here and DimestaK made a real good deal with me to split it into two payments... I am still thankful for that, I might not have even had a front end by now if it weren't for that :D

As for the mono shock I have a couple ideas in mind... I'm going to get someone else to weld that though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.