Hack to thrash - Page 17 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hack to thrash

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-29-2020, 10:29 AM   #161
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:24 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hack to thrash

Bellypan had the holes filled and a couple of cracks sorted whilst I was messing about with fibreglass for the tail unit and sidepanels on the 'Unforgotten' project, then a lick of paint and a load of stickers. It's not been fired up for a while so the battery is now on charge, and I'll look at getting it onto a dyno at some point as well. Hopefully a new shock will be sorted too.
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MDM!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2020, 05:20 AM   #162
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

And I finally got around to swapping over the temporary brake fluid reservoir bracket that I'd bodged up (about four years ago) when I first fitted the fatbars, fitting a neat stainless steel one I found on the interwebs for Not Much Money.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rebrak1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	716.6 KB
ID:	108672   Click image for larger version

Name:	rebrak2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	690.0 KB
ID:	108674  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2020, 06:17 AM   #163
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

And I've finally succumbed to the realisation that, right now, I can't justify the cost of a brand new aftermarket rear shock, so will go with the well-known SV upgrade of fitting a ZX-6R shock instead. Just need to find one at the right price...
This user High Fived MDM!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2020, 06:27 AM   #164
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

Fired up on Sunday and, as I had half-guessed /assumed, the exhaust header decided that it wanted to set fire to the bellypan, despite there actually be some (rather minimal) clearance between the two. Effectively, it only bubbled the freshly appied paint, and I'll make a 'hump' with my recently acquired fibreglassing abilities to give the small part of the header (from the front pot) a bit more clearance.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Yesterday, 05:23 AM   #165
chrisexup
NoObie
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
chrisexup is a good noobiechrisexup is a good noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
And I've finally succumbed to the realisation that, right now, I can't justify the cost of a brand new aftermarket rear shock, so will go with the well-known SV upgrade of fitting a ZX-6R shock instead. Just need to find one at the right price...
Dave, i've got a spare ZX6 shock you can have, the curvy was sold before i got round to fitting it.
Free to collect in Cheshire or i'm happy to post it.
chrisexup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived chrisexup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Yesterday, 07:01 AM   #166
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

Thanks Chris - the irony is that yesterday's post included a ZX-6R shock...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Yesterday, 08:23 AM   #167
chrisexup
NoObie
Noobie

Doh! Isn't that always the way =0/
This user High Fived chrisexup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Yesterday, 08:25 AM   #168
chrisexup
NoObie
Noobie

Doh!
...isn't that always the way =0)

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes