Sooo....I maybe snagged a 71 P1800E for 12hundo off my buddy... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters

Cage-Fighters Got a 4-wheel fiend as well? Let's see them cars and trucks!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sooo....I maybe snagged a 71 P1800E for 12hundo off my buddy...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 12:29 AM   #1
Danbuc
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
CF Addict
Danbuc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 15 Times in 13 Posts
Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Sooo....I maybe snagged a 71 P1800E for 12hundo off my buddy...

Buddy of mine decided to give me his 71 Volvo P1800E for the cost shipping and some work on the 748 he brought out too. Its rough, but solid and shouldn't take much to get it running.

Gonna work to make it a solid driver and sort the various seals and change fluids etc.

Idk if I'll make a thread for the 748 as right now the plan is to just make it a solid runner but my buddy kind of is on the fence about a faired resto or a brat seat and dirty bars so we'll see.

Still sorta slowly working on my other buddy's 749 project...maybe a thread update next week....maybe lol

This will be a very....very........very slow project so just a heads up in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180406_163514_1523075019594.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	977.1 KB
ID:	100598  

Ride'em like ya stole'em
Danbuc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Danbuc!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:55 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Sooo....I maybe snagged a 71 P1800E for 12hundo off my buddy...

cool car, much cooler than a brat seat
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Flip Offs: 311
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Looks like an LS would fit in there.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:55 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post

Dude.... no.

For the past 5 years, living here on a 4 way intersection, I've gotten to know my incredibly cool neighbors, and across the intersection diagonally from me, is an old guy named "Rocky", he's a hoot, I love hanging out talking cars and bikes, and (he's got a few old Puch's, a Ducati single with a spare engine, Honda's from the 60's, AND), Rock's got a Volvo P1800!

That car sounds sweet as it gets, it's like a motorcycle engine! Rev's like crazy, sounds incredible, pulls really decent too. It is such a cool car with the original engine. The prices of them are going up, they are a growing market, I would snatch up every part possible and resto-mod that thing with the original engine and transmission. Side draft carbs, tube header, lightened flywheel, new rear diff. with a proper LSD. That little car could be incredibly fun, and retain enough period spec parts to break into a new area of the P1800's themselves.

One of these days, this summer for sure, when Rock's buddy stops in with the tube frame '66 Mustang street car (Trans Am racecar replica sorta thing) I'm gonna toss on the GoPro with the head mount and go for a ride with the guy and get some wild film of a pure race car on public roads (legally). The P1800, when the engine is back into it, is already on that "gotta document this before these guys are gone" sort of cars and people. Do right by that Volvo and it'll be the most fun you've had with 100hp and 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Yeah, right away I was thinking a nice little S2000 engine and tranny would be perfect!

Sweet, unique ride no matter what you do with it. Needs to be cherry, though. Don't want to see it as a beater.

Good luck with everything.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #6
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Guy Martin has a nice volvo estate

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/guy-m...ar-in-britain/
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #7
Natan
Fighterer
Natan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Natan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant future
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner 

I love these! If you do drop a bigger lump in there, please stick a T5 in

2018 Winter Buildoff - CBR600F - Build - Discussion
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #8
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:55 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Oo a saint! This should be fun!

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #9
Danbuc
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
CF Addict
Danbuc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 15 Times in 13 Posts
Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Hah, first thing that popped up with my friends here when I mentioned I was snagged it was an LS swap lol.

As cool as that would be, the B20 in it has already been refreshed prior. Trans might need some work as my buddy I snagged it from saud it was grinding in first a bit but that could be anything. Im gonna drain the tank, and do fuel filter and already picked up oil and filter for the engine and new batt today. Gotta drain the oil from the trans too. Interwebs says to run 30w engine oil in the gearbox and O/D unit apparently.

Looking for door seals and stuff now, found some things. There's a guy selling basically two P1800ES' in parts with new metal and a shit ton of NOS parts but he refuses to part the shit out and wants 15k flr the lot. Im gonna wait for the listing to sit for a few more weeks and then try to bargain for some shit.

Key for now, it get it running and driveable and sort out any electrical and mecanical gremlins. Then the bodywork will get sorted which is gonna be a shitshow. Not really sure what I'm gonna do with that. There's a joint in NYC that a lot of friends have been going to for Upholstery work for bikes but the guy primarily does care upholstery so probably have him redo the door cards and the front seats. Headliner and rear seats are mint. Dash has some cracks in the lower edge but fuck it that's a later problem.

Updates to follow. Oh yeah, needs pads and rotors too lol. The list grows longer ughhhhh....

Edit: Almost forgot it already has an equal length longtube header on it now so someone was already on track to futz with it performance wise.

Ride'em like ya stole'em
Danbuc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Danbuc!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #10
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
That Volvo is absolutely sick. Incredible.

The fit and finish are superb. Being fast is one thing, but that's a fully proper custom.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters