SUKATI....until i get a better name - Page 18 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2017 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

Bike Build Threads Post yer bike threads in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > SUKATI....until i get a better name

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2020, 02:01 PM   #171
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Italianeze build off thread

rattled up a set of temp clamps to hang the number board

drilled a bit of loomynum to mimic a torque arm, think the caliper needs smoved slightly to the right

had a wee sit on , it,s quite tall ..... no brakes and on a slope , so catching with my boot

then a couple of pics

yes i need to tidy up,yes it looks lie a pikeys yard
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2020, 06:07 PM   #172
yantosh
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

time to look at headlight set up

i,ll be using two of these

just for comparison i dug out the CB13 one

kind of ok from the front

but from the side its just too small, or possibly mounted too high, look again tomorrow

hung the new one

better but perhaps too huge? and makes muddie too skinny

side position better

thinking somewhere between the two, recessed centre section with lights in

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #173
yantosh

bit more messing with the number board, holes cut for lights

sits as i want with muddie

and i like it from the side

need to come up with nice mounts
This user High Fived yantosh!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #174
yantosh

hoping this can will look right with this bike, I really want to use it

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #175
yantosh

set of genuine 20 levers just ordered , be here in a coupla weeks ... possibly, not sure how post from HK is just now
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #176
yantosh

steering damper has no spherical bearing, found this one after a bit of hunting, 8mm instead of 6, but I can deal with that

fucked about with angles on number board, bouncing ideas off of a couple of trusted friends

lines flow better like this

started sizing up for other things that need doing, but that was about an end to it as Mrs Yan requested my presence for the burning

did start card mock ups of headlight mounts , back on it tomorrow
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2020, 03:24 PM   #177
yantosh

rough CAD headlight mount, loomynum next

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2020, 04:15 PM   #178
yantosh

replaced the card with loomynum, not the prettiest ,but that can be dealt with

mounted the muddy on a bracket , i bent it a bit more after this photo, think it was too high, will see better if i can get it back out shed at weekend

once i,m happy with the angle of the lights I will refine the holes

started a damper mount, but its too far back, hits the key

vapor speedo unlikely to fit now, reckon it might be a motogadget mini job

all engine spacers in too
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2020, 04:29 PM   #179
yantosh

made an other damper mount , went ahead and pressed in the bearing

it,ll fit here abouts

and the damper pops on here

more on that hopefully tomorrow

been pondering for a while how to mount the pegs, didnt want tabs and race rearsets

had a nose at how Ducati did it

came up with this

took a chance on my idea working and didnt mock up

I like it, just need a post to tie it onto to stop it rotating around the spindle

now need the opposite side
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-17-2020, 05:03 PM   #180
yantosh

swapped out the spindle for some threaded bar for now, let me tie the pegs on

in your best jedi voice these are not the spindle nuts you,re looking for

both are on, just need them at the same position and locking bosses welded

damper is on and I have full steering lock , post needs fully welded still

swingarm adjuster blocks finally finished

the reducing sleeve is about 1mm too long, i deal with that later

making progress

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2017 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads