CB rat / cafe - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CB rat / cafe

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #41
ctluba
CF Addict
Local Time: 01:55 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 2 Posts
ctluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: CB rat / cafe

The tail peice is actually the stock unit. I thinned the seat out by pulling out all of the foam, almost. I also cut the front and rear of the seat off. I then took the stock cowl and cut off the sides and bolted it directly to the modified seat. It now comes off as one unit. I also bought some allen head bolts and washers and bolted a peice of plastic in the mouth of the cowl where the thick seat used to butt up to it. Sort of a custom solo seat.

As far as a mono shock goes, that would be a bit over my head with all the suspension geometry and fabricating and welding. Also, I think the dual shocks look bad ass!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_black View Post
Cammed up cb big bore with slingshots... Double Ohlins and a 636 radial caliper front end... Mismatch rims and a dent in the tank. Nuff said... Repped...
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetus View Post
I am very impressed by that bike. I love a good mix of old and new. Like a MILF with big ol fake titties!
Cheers.
ctluba is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ctluba!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #42
ctluba
CF Addict
ctluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond reputectluba has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0regret5 View Post
that is one fucking angry looking bike. love it!!

Thanx man. Sort of a reflection of my obsessive compulsive, angry, never satisfied, fucked up persaonality.

Quote:
Cammed up cb big bore with slingshots... Double Ohlins and a 636 radial caliper front end... Mismatch rims and a dent in the tank. Nuff said... Repped...
Quote:
I am very impressed by that bike. I love a good mix of old and new. Like a MILF with big ol fake titties!
Cheers.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #43
WillW
Old Skool Newbie
Fighter In Training
WillW's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
WillW is a good noobieWillW is a good noobie

Fookin A, Boss! I like it!

...sez so right on the fender...
WillW is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #44
chopshopinc
Fighter In Training
chopshopinc is a good noobiechopshopinc is a good noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctluba View Post
Got a set of CB1000C cams. Those are going in. May also go with a 836 weisco kit. Figure almost 30 thousand miles, if your going to do a top end, may as well punch it out a little.

We'll see
Cool. Just make sure you get some more shims for the valves. You will need them. Also check the valves while your in there. I just got a set of 900f cams for mine. That and alot of other parts. So i will be back to work on mine agian soon.

Your bike is looking good man. Keep it up
chopshopinc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #45
Pugeyed
trying to clear my mind!
Fighterer
Pugeyed's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:55 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Pugeyed is making some friendsPugeyed is making some friendsPugeyed is making some friendsPugeyed is making some friendsPugeyed is making some friends

really nice looking bike well done!
gotta loose them front indicators though. man they are big!
Mark.
Pugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #46
ctluba
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

My F2 front wheel came in the other day. Also landed a 94 F2 front fender for $10.00 on fleabay. Waiting for new bearings and for the machine shop to make my new center sleeve and right side spacer. Couldnt help though, had to hang it on there just to take a look see. Will post some full bike pics once it is permanently mounted.

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers.
These people High Fived ctluba!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #47
John's truck
Take me down to Haliewa
Fighterer
John's truck's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
John's truck is a good noobieJohn's truck is a good noobie

Awesome! My buddy had a CB750 that we painted black and put drag bars on. He didn't want to sink any more money into it so it's still kinda factory gay. I'm going to send him pics of yours for inspiration.
John's truck is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived John's truck!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #48
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:55 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I gotta admit when you first joined up and chopped the back end of that 750 off I was a little curious what direction you were going with it, the more time that passes and the more updates that show up on this thread, the more impressed I am by what your doing!

Sure I come off as an asshole at times, and sure, my opinion may not matter to most, but I know what I like and I know what works well, and what your building there fits both categories so well it's unbelievable. Bravo, that 750 is turning out to be one outstanding machine!

You've peaked my interest, can't wait for another update.

-Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #49
ctluba
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Thanx for all the compliments.First bike I ever modded and really didnt know what I was doing and had no plan. After hanging around here and on other sites I saw a bunch of cool ideas and and started to experiment with different things. It all started to come together nicely and improved about 1000%.

Just bolted up a very cool mod tonight but I think my fuckin camera may be broken. Will dick around with it and try to get some pics up tonight.

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #50
ctluba
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Wife dropped the fuckin camera and fucked it all up, sorry for the shitty image. Still up in the air on this one, although it is growin on me. Input please. And, yea, yea, the turn signals will be changed out.

Man the camera is fucked. Not only all the lines, but at the bottom of the light assembly and on the horn assembly it looks all brown, that is flat black.

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers.
This user High Fived ctluba!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes