Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 30 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #291
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Thanks Good point on the line. Got something cooking for cheap "temporary" body work. Going to use that "line".

But this...

is happening too...

So in addition to the tail I'll have to do something for a front muddy too. Got the axle and calipers ordered, saw a deal on the calipers I couldn't pass up so I pulled the trigger...

In the process of stripping my wiring harness down too. I cut a bit of a corner when I converted to a digital speedo and I'd like to clean it up... and since I need to rearrange the 'lectrics a bit for the tail, no time like the present right?

Fuck I hope I get all this sorted soon.
Someone punch me if I start any more projects on this bike before it's reg'd and insured again.
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Ahks!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #292
Kaenmuro
Yarskymator
Fighterer
Kaenmuro's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
Kaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 

Btw if you want i can make same style rear frame parts that i have, if you find some one to weld them together. If i remember correctly you live in Estonia? It wouldn't be too big cost to send them from here Finland to there. Cost would be material's, postage and some for me to buy Cider Or i might be thinkin some one else too

Listen to my newest Tech Dance whit Dubstep influenced mix
Kaenmuro-Tech up the Dup Dance

Yarsky - F*ck You from The Speaker
Kaenmuro - Search Of New Tech (Tech Dance/Hard Trance)

My DJ page:
Kaenmuro is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #293
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I think you are thinking of someone else, I'm in the US. Thanks tho

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #294
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Correct axle and calipers came in this week so I test fitted them up. Ordered the conversion steering bearings. Need to get the measurements for the axle spacers and find someone to turn one up on their lathe for me.

And during this, digging the posts for the new mailboxes, clearing out all the cut off from the big lilac "tree" purge of 2015 and 2 hours a day for studying... I have to finish the temp/perm tail and electronics tray... I guess that means I should finish my coffee and get moving
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #295
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Finished for your trip down us 12?

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #296
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

yes plz. totally doable. not sure the tail will be clean... but hopefully functional
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #297
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

So this TL yoke has a handy hole pre drilled...

Since I'd like to use an existing hole...
Is this too close for the risers?

Thats a center > center of about 70mm for the mounting holes. As before I'll be reinforcing the underside of the yoke with some aluminum stock and metal filler/jb weld.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2015, 02:01 PM   #298
blensen
GURU

CF Addict
blensen's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!blensen is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

C-C distance isn't terribly important. It's possible that you may feel more bar flex with them narrower like that, but that's easily fixed with a crossbar. Probably wouldn't be an issue either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter
my throttle response was as fast as an old man with parkinsons trying to put his keys in the door
blensen is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2015, 02:17 PM   #299
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Agreed with Blensen.

Aren't those 1 1/8" bars anyway? Three inches between bar mounts is not to far off from the norm.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #300
4cups

Most stock bar mounts are 90 to 100mm centre to centre, I'm not sure why but I have always stuck to that measurement
  Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes