Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 32 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2015, 11:30 PM   #311
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:11 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

If you don't want to get brake fluid involved at this point, since you might be having them off and on a few times fitting, you can just push a rubber tipped air gun against the brake line port and push the pistons out that way.

I hate a strong hate for brake fluid. I do everything I can to avoid it.

Edit: Just remembered you aren't playing with some of the same old junk I am that has dead pads on one side. You probably have pistons on both side of your calipers. If so, then after yo compress it on to the caliper you'll have to pry the caliper side to side on the pistons to center it.

I'm making something really simple come across as totally complicated.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #312
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

My Sprint calipers came with a set of galfer lines attached. Inspection shows solid crusty gel remnants of what it looks like after someone mixes dot4 and dot5 and leaves it to sit for a season After running some super fine copper wire thru the fittings and making sure the lines flowed fluid... I figure I should flush the shit out of the calipers with something dot4 compatible I wonder if the reason the bike went to the breakers was because some knob mixed 4/5 and had no brakes the next time they rode. Hope they're ok...

3 and 4 is compatible and I happen to have a big old bottle of dot3 on the shelf that I've used to clean parts :p So I'm currently trying to find my box of gloves

tl;dr I need to bleed the fook outta these calipers so I might as well do the caliper spacing playing bit while I do it
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #313
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Starting to look like a bike again.

I think I sorted the caliper spacing, and I think it was user error. After tapping the fork bottoms with a rubber mallet and squeezed and released the brakes, tap tap tap, brakes, tap tap tap, brakes, etc... Tightening the calipers stopped making them drag excessively. I think the wheel, axle, etc was just off a bit.

Today was a beautiful day for riding...
These people High Fived Ahks!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #314
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Part of the rewire is going to be to relocate the magnetic speed sensor to the rear wheel. A few of my magnets fell off, the old bracket really blows and moves around on me, the old wiring is... half assed :shrug:

To accomplish it cleanly, I'd like to hide the wire in the swing arm. Since I'd have to make a hole up near the pivot to accomplish it... may as well run the brake line thru the arm too.

So I do have a handy dandy drain(?) hole at the bottom near the caliper...

Drilling that out to about ~16mm / ~5/8" shouldn't be a concern.

Some detail of the top

Any thoughts on where to put the entry hole?

I'm only really concerned about safety. For the arm and the line. (and me :p )
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #315
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

I think before I put the wiring harness back in, the bike will get the hose...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #316
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:11 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Can you use this one?

Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #317
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Nope. Line won't fit past the pivot bolt and I don't think it would squeeze in past the engine. That spot is very tight
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2015, 11:28 AM   #318
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

I should revise my "Nope" to "I really don't think so but will look again"
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2015, 07:07 PM   #319
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

I don't think I could fit it down there :p I think I'd have to remove the arm just to take that rubber plug out.

Thats an 8mm hex key in the center left of the photo for scale.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #320
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I'd drill the hole for whatever gives you the straightest shot/ least amount of flexing/ bending while in operation.

So what the heck is going on with the front of that sarm? Engine case has a nub that sticks in there? I wonder what for? Elegant solution for an " oops, these parts hit" situation?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes