Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 36 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #351
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista M View Post
Ahks, can you use the rear speed sensor from a stock 595?
I thought I looked into that and my conclusion wasn't favorable. But I can't remember anything else from that line of thought.

Is it 3 wire?
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2015, 05:55 AM   #352
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:27 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahks View Post
Really wanted to hide that sensor.
How big is the sensor? Mine is on the front wheel but you would hardly notice it:

(That second cable was something else, it was just hanging down)
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2015, 10:09 AM   #353
Mista M
Fighter
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud of

Quote:
I thought I looked into that and my conclusion wasn't favorable. But I can't remember anything else from that line of thought.

Is it 3 wire?
Going off eBay photos, appears to be 3 wire. You are running a stock size wheel? Should work I would think

"Can't rush greatness. But you can crash it shortly after finishing it" Ratfighter
Mista M is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2015, 11:29 PM   #354
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I can't afford to register the bike. Pretty bummed. Being a home owner and being responsible for others welfare isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Shrug. Guess it'll be next year.

I also have utterly lost the motivation to finish this custom tail project with the decisions I've made. I'm sick of half assing projects. Which is what I was doing. Cutting corners so I could "just ride" but I lost the will to cut the corners.

I'll be reverting several parts of the bike to a stock form for some simplicity, functionality of stock tune and some wind protection for distance.

This bike is going to go back to "stockish" till I either acquire a "daily" and turn this into a project again or I'll find another project. I've just got too many lofty dreams and they aren't letting me have the real fun of going for a ride.
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2015, 02:23 AM   #355
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:27 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Man I know exactly how you feel... about a year and a half ago when we moved to our own house I thought now I have the space and time to finish the daytona quick. Pffft. I got so fed up with the whole project, ran out of ideas and motivation basically, that I pushed the whole bike into the corner of the garage and covered it with a tarp for three months cause I couldn't bare the sight of the damned thing... One two year old boy running around and another bun in the oven with a company to run, shit I'm lucky if I can make it to the shed once a week after 10pm... And the resources is another thing, there's just not enough money to make every idea happen so you have to prioritize. I was in the intention to build an electric motorcycle, well still am, but when you sum up all the costs down to paper the ends just don't meet, I had collected enough money to finish the Triumph TWICE but both times was forced to use it on something else so eventually in order to not have yet another unfinished wallflower in the shed I had to sell my basically unused snowboard and sailkite as well as the other bike to get the daytona finished. ...and about a month later the doublemass flywheel of my wife's car started rattling so now I have to round up yet another 2k and honestly got no idea where from... When the daytona's gauge broke I was pissed cause it was an expensive piece but I'm even more pissed having to tear down the front harness YET AGAIN to fit another gauge in it's place...

Life's full of choices they say, I have to look at the mirror almost daily saying to myself I'm no Adam Savage, I have the ideas but not the skills, tools, funds nor time to get even a fraction of them off the ground...

Sorry for the rant...but I will tell you this... from first hand experience... if you live in an area where there's cold at wintertime...and you're short of funds...got kids...and no warm garage to fit a car in... don't buy a used italian two seater sports car

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2015, 02:39 AM   #356
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:27 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Those was two sad posts. All i can say, i havent ridden a bike in two months due to financial reasons. And we have max 2 months of riding season left. So welcome to the club

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2015, 02:43 AM   #357
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of

I feel for both of you guys. Just over 2 years ago I totalled my bike and bought it back from the insurance company. At the time my son was about 1 years old and his mother could only work a part time job. So I was working full time overnights and full time during the day to make ends meet so the only time I had to work on the bike was my nights off til 7ish am... but the fact that we were barely scraping by I had to basically throw the thing together as cheaply as possible just to get back on the bike.

But I have to say it was worth it to ride again...

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived scottiemann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2015, 04:18 AM   #358
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:27 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Shia heard what you said and sent you a message.

Heh!

I assume this means the bike is parked:

Quote:
I can't afford to register the bike.
?? But if not, get it ridable, do small stuff to it on weekends, in a few months you might surprise yourself as to what the bike is starting to look like. But riding is the point of bikes.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #359
gsx-mutattack28
Blood,Sweat N Beers
CF Lover
gsx-mutattack28's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 3 Times in 2 Posts
gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!gsx-mutattack28 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

wow, ha ha Rep't if i could

Gsx-Zx6-Gsxr streamlines build. http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=104129

"the fire burning down my happiness, but i will RISE!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemann View Post
If everything made sense we wouldnt be building and modding bikes
gsx-mutattack28 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 08:10 PM   #360
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

tfw you don't touch a "project" for 4 years

So I touched it for reasons other than to move it...

I actually broke down the forks I had set aside for it, dug through years of shit in the garage and accidentally found the seals and dust caps I bought for them, and picked up some oil.

Now I'm going to go pull one of the shit oil seals as soon as I figure out how to without fucking up the fork tube

And pic or it didn't happen?

one of em needed to be ratchet strapped down to compress it and put enough pressure on the internals for the cartridge nut to break free without just spinning the cartridge. Chewed the fuck out of the hole in the axle clamp but at least the fuckers off and you won't be able to see the damage

These people High Fived Ahks!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes