Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 39 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 08:33 PM   #381
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:06 AM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegeland View Post

No shit! thats the actual whole seat? yeah a tape measure would rock. Mainly interested in width. Thanks man!
https://i.imgur.com/eQndAuo_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium
A foot wide at its widest

And here’s it with an overhead shot to see it’s profile
https://i.imgur.com/SRWfq6e.jpg
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2020, 01:46 AM   #382
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:06 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Quote:
Interesting! I actually am looking for a less wide tail section that will work with the stock seat on my 04 ZX10R. I love the seat but the tail looks SUPER wide with no front fairings.

Suggestions PLEASE
break out the foam blocks, carve your own,cover in fibreglass.
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2020, 08:37 AM   #383
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post

Just don't forget to buy a profile gauge like I did... unless you can eyeball symmetry, or like asymmetry...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #384
yantosh
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahks View Post
Just don't forget to buy a profile gauge like I did... unless you can eyeball symmetry, or like asymmetry...
i just eyeballed

This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2020, 03:54 PM   #385
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:06 AM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Yea well he was talking about us mortals, you don`t count.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #386
yantosh

just takes patience and pig headed stubborness
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2020, 06:44 PM   #387
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
just takes patience and pig headed stubborness
I got both of those, but still not sure I could get foam carving to be symmetrical by eye.
Casper is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-28-2020, 05:40 PM   #388
eegeland
Fighter In Training
eegeland's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
eegeland is a good noobieeegeland is a good noobie

Quote:
Okay, you got me thinking... I like the original tail... I just want to shave a couple inches off the sides. Like if I could fill the stock tail section with clay and then trim it down, let it dry and lay fiberglass over it... the holes would be perfect etc. LMAO. Any reasonable way to actually do somethng like that? Copy the stock and mod it? OR actually mod the stock tail??
eegeland is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-28-2020, 06:51 PM   #389
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Front end
[] caliper bolt spacers to move the calipers 2.5mm inboard
[] fork height
[] fork oil
[] Need the bars 15mm higher to clear the fork adjusters
[] Mod fender
[..] Fab up some simple fender brackets In process...
[..] Turn Signals

Rear end
[] speed sensor
[..] Seat
[..] Battery/ecu tray
[..] Tail light
[..] Turn signals
[..] Plate hanger

Wiring
[] de-spaghettify
[] label
[..] re-wrap Pics when wrapped... nobody wants the horror show of an unwrapped wiring harness

Other
[..] Coolant reservoir
The unwrapped harness is laying on the bike, velcro strapped to keep it tucked and manageable. All sensors connected located so I can start wrapping it. Verified the engine'll still turn over too.

Also started 2 of the 4 brackets I need for the s1k fender...
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-29-2020, 01:38 AM   #390
yantosh

Quote:
Okay, you got me thinking... I like the original tail... I just want to shave a couple inches off the sides. Like if I could fill the stock tail section with clay and then trim it down, let it dry and lay fiberglass over it... the holes would be perfect etc. LMAO. Any reasonable way to actually do somethng like that? Copy the stock and mod it? OR actually mod the stock tail??
i dont work with clay, id chop and mod the original, pop in foam blocks,shape them and glass over it possibly. i tend to just make it up as i go

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes