Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #71
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

ive used the 520 DID VX2 on my 08 1000 motor and it held up just fine. but i did like the evr3 much better. i liked it enough to buy another one. the first one ended up with about 15,000 hard hard miles on it (long enough for all the gold to be rubbed off from cleaning and more than half the 0 rings missing) and the only reason i changed it out was because i had to replace my sprockets (aluminum with 15,000 miles also) and i got a good deal on a chain and sprocket combo. still have the old one laying around for a spare. either one will be fine honestly.

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #72
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #73
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahks View Post
You do realize 520 chains are used in WSBK ? where they've got 150+ hp litre bikes going balls out and abusing the shit out of their hardware more than anyone on the street does?

A 520 chain is just fine. Just a matter of getting the right one and proper maintenance. ANd the right sprockets... Aluminum doesn't last as long but I'm looking at hardened steel. So...
They also have the budget to change a chain every weekend. I don't think the loss of longevity is worth the weight saving, but it's a personal choice.

Tip in case you don't know, follow the engine bolting pattern and spacer location procedure proscribed in the manual religiously, or your frame/engine mount will crack after a couple hundred miles, or even when tightening.

I'm still diggin this build

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #74
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
Tip in case you don't know, follow the engine bolting pattern and spacer location procedure proscribed in the manual religiously, or your frame/engine mount will crack after a couple hundred miles, or even when tightening.
I do plan on reassembling the beast with the FSM next to me on the shelf, open to the page. Marginally accurate torque wrench in hand.

Quote:
I'm still diggin this build

I am to... but I absolutely must stop spending money on unplanned shit at this point. I still need mirrors, paint, a few gaskets, TIRES, oil, coolant, filters... I'm sure I'll find some other costs along the way as well...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #75
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

I contacted sprocketcenter.com this morning to get their opinion on a 520 xring chain since they didn't have a handy dandy kit listed for my bike with a chain picker...

Got an email back a few hours later with
Quote:
Michael,

Thanks for your interest. We just revamped our entire web site and are adding products every day.

We just added a 520 kit to the t509/595 section.

http://sprocketcenter.com/index.php/...hain-kits.html
So I bought one :p They had a deal on the DID 520 ZVM-2 series chain too so I went with that. -1/-1 since the front comes up a touch too easy with -1/0
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #76
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

FUCK YOU WHORE!

All the instructions I can find say "undo the 2 nuts then tap out the shaft"
I've railed on this fucking thing with a plastic drift and a dead blow and it hasn't moved a hair.

On the brighter side of things...
I checked valve clearances...

Only 1 tighter than spec, and the .127 was pretty loose and the .152 could almost fit. So I'm gonna leave it for next fall since there plenty of work to do here already :p

Looks like this thing was maintained a bit. Thats a bonus.

Old chain... pretty used. Glad I has new on the way.
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #77
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Try from the other side maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #78
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Nothing to grip till it's on it's way out
http://www.bowl-of-mice.co.uk/files/...C05580-930.jpg

If it doesn't budge I'll grab a friend and get em to turn it by the hex socket on the other side while I rail on it. That should do it as it will turn, with much resistance.

Just needed to vent about the twat being a twat It doesn't help that I'm running on like 3 hours of sleep
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #79
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:08 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahks View Post
Nothing to grip till it's on it's way out
http://www.bowl-of-mice.co.uk/files/...C05580-930.jpg

If it doesn't budge I'll grab a friend and get em to turn it by the hex socket on the other side while I rail on it. That should do it as it will turn, with much resistance.

Just needed to vent about the twat being a twat It doesn't help that I'm running on like 3 hours of sleep
Get an impact driver on the end and spin that while you twat the end. It'll go.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #80
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Get an impact driver on the end and spin that while you twat the end. It'll go.
Trying to find some spare hands... all my friends have kids... and it's the holidays.

So while I'm waiting to hear back...
I did this

Holy unfocused picture batman... the little baggies are from superbrightleds.com
Swapped the incandescent bulbs for SMD LEDs

And I just got a reply \o/ Spare hands are on the way

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes