For now, a daily. But later....... - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > For now, a daily. But later.......

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2019, 12:16 AM   #31
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:11 AM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: For now, a daily. But later.......

So I finally got to start digging into it today!

I put the battery in, gave it some cranks, and could smell old fuel. So I pulled the battery out, pulled the tank and carbs and had a look. Tank was empty, carbs had just enough to fill the bowls with some dank. Gonna have to boil out the bottom half of the carbs and clear the passageways. Should be good to do after that.

Found that I'm missing 2 of the clamps for the intake system. Carbs were secure to the head boots, but one of the tubes from the airbox to the carbs didnt have either clamp on it. I'll have to check my parts pile but I suspect I don't have any spares.

Tomorrow I've got some time, so I'm gonna finish up pretty much everything but carbs and tires. I'll get the cam cover gaskets done, oil change, spark plugs, air filter assembly, battery back in with a better positive terminal cover, front wheel on proper so I can do the brake master and bleed everything out, and then depending on how much time I have left before work, see if I can't remove the headlight bucket and modify the brackets to come in closer to hold the Morimoto Sealed7.

After that, only thing left is clean the fuck out of the carbs, which I need to get my ultrasonic cleaner out of the shop and bring it home, and let the carbs run and run, and see how the bike runs once it goes back together. After that, gonna head to MarksAC to swap tires.

Hot damn! Some progress!

Once she's finally running and roadworthy, I am DEFINITELY gonna be looking to swap out my switchpods. The GR uses this bullshit fucking multiway switch on the left. Signals, high and low beam are all the same stick. And it's hard enough to move around barehand, let alone with a glove on.

I was digging through some bins in my porch yesterday trying to find some parts I needed for a truck I was working on and came across a spare set of Suzuki gauges. Gave them an eyeball to see if maybe I'd prefer them to the stock GR ones. I like them, in as much as they are separate gauge pods that could easily be run by themselves without the indication block between them, and they would look pretty good, but at the same time, they're just as faded as whats on there, the speedo is only 85mph instead of the stock 140 (like I really expect a 650 twin to do 140 with my fat ass on it.....), so I'm prolly gonna pass on using these. I do still wanna find something that looks good and works .

Anywho, that's it for today. Carbs will prolly be next week Tuesday, as thats my next day off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-03 18.46.58.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	105868   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-03 18.52.36.jpg
Size:	885.7 KB
ID:	105870   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-03 19.00.32.jpg
Size:	791.9 KB
ID:	105872   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-03 19.00.36.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	904.3 KB
ID:	105874  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2019, 12:36 AM   #32
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

So much for progress, woke up this morning to an arm I couldn't move. Somehow fucked up my shoulder in my sleep. Rest of the week I work 1230to close or 130 to close. Minimal time for my shit. Yay.....
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-07-2019, 11:36 PM   #33
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Got stuck doing a double shift today so I said fuckit, hauled in my ultrasonic cleaner and carbs with me. They came out pretty decent. I still gotta spray out the shift on the outside of the body and between the 2, but the internals are pretty nice now.

Unfortunately I still need to order new bowl gaskets, they didn't make it. Also need the o-rings for the pulse tubes, 2 clamps for the intake tubes, and a couple sizes of Tygon line to replace the old rubber lines all around.

Budget is tight right now, I'm thinking I probably wont be able to order everything until next paycheck. So as it stands I'm going to miss my deadline of having the bike in the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride, but I should still have it road ready before the trees come down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-07 19.00.01.jpg
Size:	854.6 KB
ID:	105894  
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2019, 12:30 AM   #34
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:11 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Glad to see you are still working on this. I haven't popped in here for a while. How's your arm doing now? Did you figure out what happened?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2019, 12:52 AM   #35
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

No idea. It happens every couple months or so. I'll be at my desk, my arm starts needing support, feeling like the shoulder needs to just pop but no matter what it wont. The muscles all tighten up, can never find the right support position, and overall cant find a way to rest it or reset it. Hurts like a motherfucker all day, and /USUALLY/ a "decent" night sleep trying to support it or lay into it in a way that pushes the socket seems to relatively reset it. Wake up and it's usable again, by the day after its like it never happened. I'm thinking I move the wrong way and pinch a nerve or something?

Anywho, I've been wanting to work on this since it came home, but with money tight as all fuck for the majority of the time, I couldn't really do anything. Getting the big check I was waiting on to order most things, and now finally having a decent schedule where I can start doing things has allowed me to do some work. I'm working full time at an O'Reilly, working my way through the positions. Just slotted into RSS, working on all my traiining and whatnot. Comes with better pay and fulltime hours. But our store is a little shorthanded right now so I've got a LOT of time in store. Might as well do something with it. If I had a way to load the bike up, I'd take the whole damn thing with me to do work lol.
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #36
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Not a ton to speak of.

Cam cover gasket, done
front brakes back on, done
new brake master on, done
airbox assembled and installed, done
Took a little while to get all those done.

Tomorrow I need to flush/fill/bleed the front brake, oil and filter change, mount headlight, reinstall the battery, wire up the mirror signals, and change spark plugs.

And sadly that's about it until I can order the gaskets, orings, and clamps for the carb. UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 12:33 AM   #37
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

UUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH I DONT FUCKING WANNA WAIT UNTIL PAYDAY TO ORDER PARTS!!!!!!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 01:49 AM   #38
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

lol Just roll with it man. We've all been there, or currently are there. Having to wait makes you appreciate it that much more!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 03:41 AM   #39
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

I wanted nothing more than to actually make an event this year. It took me forever to be able to order the parts, and then it was bullshit trying to find the available time. Now that I've found the time, I'm set back again by the most minor of details.

Tried to finish the brakes today, just to find out my full qt of Dot3 is missing. Because of course, why wouldn't it be, right? Gonna grab a bottle of Dot4 at work tonight. Then it's just another short work bit to change plugs, finish brakes, finish installing mirrors, change the oil and filter, and install the headlight. After that, it's back to waiting on carb shit....UGGGGGGHHHHHH
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2019, 03:22 AM   #40
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

that's a cool ass motor
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes