Cooke's C̶R̶F̶4̶5̶0̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ CRF450X 2007 (actually it might be 2008) Dirty Bike - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Cooke's C̶R̶F̶4̶5̶0̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ CRF450X 2007 (actually it might be 2008) Dirty Bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2016, 03:48 AM   #11
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:12 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Cookie's CRF450R 2003 Dirty Bike

Getting a bit low on a lot of the common sizes of stainless bolts:

So last night I dropped into my favourite hardware shop on the way home to grab some grown-up pick-and-mix (actual photo from the shop, this place makes me so happy ):

There is way more in that bag than there looks to be.

So carried on with the stainless-ing:

And then of course, no one will see it:

Other bits will improve looks and keep grotty areas looking slightly better (old vs new):

And on the swinger:

After getting her looking all pretty the other day, she's all in bits again so I could get the carb out:

Also had a look at the spark plug while I was there, I think i'll get a fresh, non-iridium one tonight on the way home from work:

So the carb was actually fairly clean, but there were some interesting things:

1. I thought maybe this "R" version didn't have a hot-start like I knew some other CRF450 have, turns out it's just removed, blanked off with a screw and the lever changed. So I'm going to order a cable and lever (once pay-day rolls around).

2. The accelerator pump diaphragm was upside down:

I wonder if that had anything to do with the rev hanging on throttle off and stalling on brisk idle-to-WOT? Anyway, fixed it now.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2016, 10:44 AM   #12
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Curious why you want to go away from the iridium? I've had poor luck with them on old CB ignitions, but the one in my KLR ( can I call that modern?) seems to do well. They're supposed to last forever.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #13
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK

I tried them on the ducati a while back and had poor starting issues.

Turns out there isn't a non iridium version of this. The guy I bought it from laughed and said that's the most expensive one I've ever sold!

17.99 but i got it same day rather than finding it cheaper online.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2016, 03:42 PM   #14
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Poor starting is what I found on the CB, too. And a rough idle. 17 pounds...I think that's almost 30 bucks here. Ouch!
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2016, 04:39 PM   #15
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:12 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Its 23.34 ;-), but that is still a good chunk of change for a spark plug! Why would ther not be a non iridium version of it? Isnt that a pretty popular bike? And normally popularity = greater variety of parts available for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #16
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered

I'm as surprised as you are, I did a quick Google in the shop and didn't see anything either. I'll check it out for the future but just wanted to get it done today so I could start it.

Did a fair bit of work today but haven't posted it because I'm working in the bar tonight and haven't the time.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #17
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered

PS,
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickLife View Post
Its 23.34 ;-)
yeah the pound sucks at the moment.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #18
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

"Working" in the bar??
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2016, 08:38 PM   #19
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered

LOL, yeah, both, sometimes i barely break even.
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2016, 05:33 AM   #20
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Default Re: Cookie's Stainless Bolt Party!

Guess what i did?? That's right, more stainless bolts!

Got the carb back in, was a bit of a ball ache, i had to remove the airbox from the seat subframe to do it. Started up fine, still not running great, got it a bit better by adjusting the throttle cables, mix and idle but need somewhere i can make noise to do it properly.

Then i decided to do something actually useful and got to work on the chain and sprox, but most of the bolt heads where rounded out:

So had to take the wheel in to work and do the ole "weld a bolt on" trick:

That was all i had time for, hope to get that job finished today.

These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis