Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

more random questions from rabies: the finest question asker

668 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mcantar 
#1 ·
1: I got this single throttle cable setup. its perfect length and everything beside the very end of the cable itself. it only has a tiny tiny cable end. (don't know technical term for it)
how does one put on a proper cable end? those barrel shaped pieces that fit on the carb.

back in the day I heard you solder it on? *edit* so I see you can buy a screw on type,. anyone know what size for a kz?

2: I cant find a wire diagram for my bike....ik...theres allot out there. and I'm surprised theres none for what I'm asking.
its simple. but my brain doesn't comprehend wiring...

78 kz650 kick only. no battery(but need capacitor??) no key. has 2 separate coils.
right side of the engine has a 3 wire plug :confused: I think its oil/neutral. but don't need(just cut it at motor?)

does anyone have this diagram. kz650 bare bones. I guess the 77 had dif points or something so its not the same. I don't understand points/moto alternator yet :(

#2 ·
Question #1... Your throttle cable is most likely missing the brass barrel attachment. This may or may not up-set you, but most un-authorized Harley shops will have these items. Most Harley carbs require this attachment. Size = measure the hole on your throttle plate on your KZ Carb.

Question #2 Google simplified wiring diagrams. Should be one for bare bones wiring. ChopperCult might have links to what ya need. Kick only w/ capacitor back-up should be easy to find... if I can find the diagram, I'll post it.

Beez.

#4 ·
Never tried it, but I'd imagine it depends on the solder and if you're using flux or not. Have you experimented with different types?

#5 ·
@rabies, look for a bicycle shop in your area. They'll build you a cable with whatever length and ends you want for cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.